■ The Beast ■

• ■ ● - ● - ● -● - ● ■ •

The door creaks as King opens it and glances around the room. The flashes of lightning outside Eda's window, not disturbing her as she peacefully sleeps in her nest.

"Now where could it be..." King steps in the room, looking for the elixir.

A bright orange potion on Eda's side table caught his eye, making him smile.

He carefully sneaks towards it, only to gasp in surprise when he almost steps onto a bear trap.

"Ha! Nice try." He smugly states.

The trap stands up and begins to walk away. "Nah, my heart wasn't in it..."

He continues on, climbing up a curtain to reach the tabletop. He grabs the potion and reads the tag.

"An elixir a day. Cryptic." He rips it off and tucks it under his collar. He hops down to the floor with the elixir in his paws.

He glances between Eda and potion with a guilty expression. Unsure of this before finally shaking his head and went back downstairs to Luz and [Y/n].

■ ●● ●● ■

"Got it!" King happily says as he hands over the potion to Luz.

She popped off the cork and marveled at the golden liquid inside the potion.

"Glowing liquid. That's cool..." You quietly said, lightly touching your necklace.

"Wow. I can't believe I'm about to learn magic. Real magic. This is historic." Luz whispers. She slowly lifts the potion to her mouth.

Suddenly, a lightning strike from outside startles her, and she fumbles the potion around until it smashes on the floor.

"Golden elixir. Gone! This is awful." Luz gasps. She looks at King with wide eyes.

"Oh man. I'll go find a broom or something." You sigh, patting her shoulder before leaving the kitchen.

"Who even needs a light spell when we have tons of lamps?" King gestures to the lamps around them.

The lights flared before finally dying out, cloaking the entire house into total darkness.

Luz gives King a deadpan look and he groans, rolling his eyes. "Hooty controls the house lights. He probably just fell asleep."

Just then, they heard crashing noises coming from the living room.
"Hoot! Hoot!"

"[Y/n]! Hooty!" Luz exclaims. She hurriedly takes off her apron. King clings onto her shoulder as she runs to the living room.

Once they got there, they both gasped at the sight before them.

The living room was in disarray with claw marks on the walls and the broken pieces of furniture scattered throughout the room.

Some large shadowy beast looms over an unconscious Hooty. The door knocked out of its hinges.

She sees someone lying down on the ground which she quickly recognizes as [Y/n]. He was lying still like a statue with a bunch of debris surrounding him. One large piece of wood was on top of him, keeping him in place.

The beast scratches at Hooty, leaving deep gashes into the wood. It deeply growls when it notices them before quickly darting out of their sight.

Luz immediately runs over to the unconscious teen and tries to wake him up.