Chapter Fifty-Five

Enmu and Rui walked in to the room following Mono. The three sat down on the mats. Amane and Kagaya greeted the two demons. "We've brought something for you two." Kagaya said with a gentle smile on his face. Amane copied his smile. "Mono-san has been keeping us updated on your progess." The white haired woman said as she pulled out a box from behind her back. She placed the box in front of the two Lower Moons.

"You two have come a long way within the past month." Kagaya stated, complimenting the two. "Mono even said it was about time you got these." The dark haired male added. The two sat there and stared at the box.

"Well, go on. Look inside." Kagaya said with a closed eyed smile.

The two Lower Moons looked at each other. They hesitantly dug through the box and pulled out two Demon Slayer uniforms that was in their size.

"Welcome to the Demon Slayer Corps!" The three said to the two demons. The two stared at the uniforms, and for the first time in years, the two cried.

They felt like they belonged, they felt safe now, and it was all because of Mono

They felt like they belonged, they felt safe now, and it was all because of Mono. Kagaya and Amane comforted the two demons. "We hope to see great things from you two." Kagaya said. The two stood up. "I go get the children." Amane said. Before the older woman left, Mono stopped her. "Let them stay for a bit. I haven't seen them in a while. I'll bring them back before sunset." Mono said. The two parents smiled. "Thank you, Mono-san."

"Kagaya-san." Mono said stopping the male. Kagaya turned his head to the young teen. "Did Uzui-san tell you about how he wanted to retire?" Kagaya shook his head.

"No, he did not."

"He's plans on retiring. He said something about not being much help with a missing eye and an arm."

"I think it would be for the best." Kagaya said. Mono agreed. "If he were to continue on being a slayer I fear he might end up getting into a far worse situation. And it would be too much on his wives." I agree with you, Mono. Thank you for letting me know." Kagaya said. The two walked outside and Mono followed. "Come back in another two weeks and I'll give you another dose of your medication." Mono called out. The two waved her off. "Thank you again, Mono-san." Amane said to the young teen.

****

A young man and a young woman sat on the engawa. The man held the baby close to him as the young woman next to him stared at the baby. The woman next to him had long black hair toed into a pony-tail. She wore a tattered black kimono. A dull white ribbin tied around her waist. The male next to the woman had long maroon hair. He wore a red haori over an orange nagagi with black hakama and a katana carried at the left side of his waist, conventional to most Demon Slayers. He had hanafuda hearrings in. He had beautiful dark red eyes and he stood tall at six feet.

"I made some tea." Another man came out. He walked over to the two.

"Ahh. Thanks." The man said.

"Thank you very much." The woman said.

The male that had just come out was a splitting image of Tanjiro. Only this man had a pony-tail and didn't wear hanafuda earrings.

"Wow, fast alseep already? I'm very sorry my wife also happened to fall asleep. I'm really sorry. You two are visitors here, but I made you watch over my kid." The male said.

"Don't worry about it. She's probably tired. Birthing a child and raising them is hard work." The taller male said.

"I've always wanted kids." The woman in the black kimono said. The male in the green checkered haori smiled at the woman. "I'm sure it'll happen." He said.

"After this we'll be leaving. We can't keep eating meals for free." The dark haired male said.

"Oh, no! We owe you our lives. If you weren't around then, then I, much less my children, wouldn't be here now... Alright then. At least allow me to pass on your story to the next generation."

"There's no need."

"But... It must be hard for you two since you have no successors at hand. It may be impossible for me since I am a humble coal burner, but someday someone will..."

"There's no need. Sumiyoshi. Masters of their craft will always find their way to the same place. Even if the times have changed, even if  they have taken different paths to that point. They will always go to the same place." The taller male said.

"You seem to think of us as some kind of special human. We're really not." The dark haired woman said.

"I couldn't protect a single thing that was precious to me. I couldn't achieve what I was suppose to achieve in life. I am a man of no worth." The taller make said standing up. The woman stood up as well.

"You're a man of worth." The woman said. The two males stared at the black haired woman.

"I can tell you right now, that you have more worth than me. If you can't see that Yoriichi-san. Then... I will gladly prove it to you myself."

"Setsuna-san."

The two walked off leaving the male behind with his wife and child. "I told you to call me Tsuno. We're friends. Call me Tsuno." The woman said.

"Come on Mono-san."

"... Well, it's a start." The woman muttered.

Sumiyoshi watched the two leave. A small smile on his face as he waved the two farewell.

****

'Tragic. Just tragic...'

************************ Taisho Secrets ************************

Author: "Time for a Taisho Secret. Yoriichi, before he met his wife had an intrest in Mono (Ancestor.) But he figured that she didn't like him that way. After his wife's passing. He finds comfort in Mono. The Setsuna's give off a comforting aura.

Got anymore thoughts for headcanons?