○ ᴳᵃʳᵈᵉⁿ ᵒᶠ ᴹᵉᵐᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ○

• ■ ● - ● - ● -● - ● ■ •

"Hey! Who are you?" You called out to the mysterious figure. 

They stopped in their tracks. You were back standing in the void with your strange companion.

They didn't reply. You grit your teeth in frustration.

"Silent as ever...." You mutter before looking at them. At least, they're not disappearing this time...

"What is this place?"

.

.

.

No answer. 

Sighing, you looked over the mysterious figure that have been haunting your dreams since you ended up in the Boiling Isles. 

They were roughly the same height as you with their features obscured in shadows. Their entire being seemingly flickers in and out of existence.

A long black tail swishes behind them as they turn to face you. As always glowing white eyes stared back at you with the strange symbol marked on their forehead glowing brightly like last time. 

They stood still as you stared at each other. They seemed to be waiting for something. You pause as a sudden thought pops up in your mind. Or someone...

Sending a wary and cautious look at them, you slowly approached them. They made no move to stop you. 

Instead, they only cocked their head to the side. They then reach out a hand to you as you do the same. 

You can't help but wonder

The moment your hands touch, their shadowy figure fades away into small specks of light. It surrounds you and engulfs the void, blinding you completely.

■ ● ● ● ● ■

A dimly lit room is what greets you when you wake up. Confused, you look around as your eyes quickly adjust to the dark.

"...Did I sleep the whole day?" You mumbles, rubbing at your eyes. Someone groans beside you.

"Huh?" You turned to see King and Luz. King was curled up in a ball underneath your feet while Luz was huddled near you. Your heart skips a beat when you notice she was holding onto your hand.

"Oh god... not this again." You groan. Flustered, you bury your face into the crook of your arm.

'Goddammit. I thought this crush on Luz faded away...' You sigh, looking back at Luz. You thought back to the many memories you shared with her and how your heart feels lighter every time you see her smile. A low groan slips out from your lips as a sudden realization hits you on the head. 

'...But it's not just a crush, is it?' You thought to yourself, staring at your conjoined hands. Luz shivers and you subconsciously put a blanket over her. Her grip loosens, allowing you to free your hand. You then noticed the bandages wrapped around your wrists.

You hum, 'They must have bandaged it when I was asleep...'

You blink for a moment, realizing something.