New beginnings

Sree

The place was crowded. There were a lot of business people here.. And I recognized a lot of them due to the magazines, I read.
Gautham was near me, speaking to a man about our business..

I saw my team in their respective seats and went towards them.
The conference started with speeches..
I listed to them intently..
I had a notepad, which I used to write notes in.

Raya sat next to me.. "So... Busy huh, Ms entrepreneur.. " She asked.. Looking into my notes and grinning

"Raya concentrate, we are in a professional place"  I said

"What! You have changed, you are speaking like Vik... ", she stopped realizing that his name was a sensitive thing.

I looked forward, ignoring her..

" Next on stage, a very well accomplished,...businessmen,.. We invite Mr Vikram Kumar... "The organizer said..

My pen dropped from my hands to the floor.. As I heard his name..

Time slowed down as I saw him move up to the stage, smiling charismatically at the audience... He was wearing a navy suit..

" Good afternoon, to all entrepreneurs and others here! ", He said..

His voice.. Was filled with confidence..
My employees.. Started talking about him.. About how great he was and how his company is now in the top..

" Wow.. The Vikram kumar, I love his speeches, it's very inspiring", said one of my employees..

Raya bent down to take the pen and handed it over to me..

"Are you ok? ", she asked

" Yes.. "I said..

He spoke.. Spoke about his company.. His achievements,.. About perseverance and the values required for a good business..

My hands trembled as I tried to write on my notebook..
It wasn't the first time, I was hearing his speech... I heard his speech many times,... Through YouTube, net...
I would hear it again and again just to hear his voice, and it did help me in this business..

But now, seeing him live, knowing that he was a few meters away from me, yet so far apart... I felt that familiar pain..

I wished he would look at me.. But he didn't.. Probably couldn't in all this crowd..

He still had that way of speaking, which moved people, no wonder he was a great businessman.. His voice reeked of confidence, authority and charisma..

I smiled... I was always proud of him, and what his company had achieved in these years.. They had grown to heights..

He finished his speech , the whole audience applauded heavily..
He moved towards his seat in the first row...
My eyes followed him..

He shook hands.. With Mr Ratan Tata.. Who was here.. Too.. As one of the chief guests..

The conference was long... Then, it was the time for the awards..

We got nervous... We at least wanted a consolation price..

"So for the runner up, . We have the company... Upfit Ltd.. ",... We request Mrs Kapoor to come on stage to give the award.", said the anchor..

" The bronze next,. .. The company..
Piezer, . Mr Arnav, .. Please come on stage, for distributing the award",..

"The silver.... Is the company Vi-digita Ltd.. Mr Vikam.. Please come on stage to give the award"..