Chapter Forty One

Amara's POV

I don't know how long I've been in this cell. Hours, days even.

The only contact I had with people were the ones who gave me food, sliding it through the little door way.

I burned with every minute to know if Luca was alive or not, but a feeling told me he wasn't and it killed me.

I spent most of the time pacing around the room, trying to come up with a plan to get out of here. But I was too focused on Luca to actually plan things out, I couldn't think.

I could only picture the way his body held onto me tightly at the wedding, the way he held onto me like I was going to fly away, like I would never see him again.

Maybe that would be the last time I hug him, the last time I got to see him.

I wanted to kill Mason so bad. I don't even care about my father anymore, It's Mason I'm worried about.

And as I paced along the concrete floors I started to realize that I wasn't going to get out of here.

So I gave up

I spent the next couple days sitting on the rotting mattress, my back against the wall and my eyes on the wall in front of me.

Is this what going crazy feels like?

The feeling of not being able to do anything? Knowing that Luca could be getting killed right now?

Fuck, I wanted to scream

I wanted to tear this place to shreds.

I heard the sounds of footsteps make their way down the hallway, and I watched as two guards held onto a person, their body also thrashing in their grip.

I never knew what these people felt like, and now I do. I felt bad.

Knowing that you can't leave these bland four walls forever must be horrifying for them.

I couldn't bear to watch the next prisoner get dragged down the hallway, so I averted my gaze when the footsteps approached.

"Psst." I heard.

"Amara." They whispered, and I finally looked over. I jumped up from the bed, my hands grasping onto the cell bars.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I said, and they shushed me.

"We're here to save you of course." Jack said, watching as Derek took the keys out of his pocket and unlocking the door.

I hugged them tightly as I walked out, whispering a thank you to them when I pulled away.

"Sorry it took so long, we had to deal with the Peretti boy." Alec said.

"Is he alive?!" I exclaimed, and they shushed me again.

"Barely." Derek muttered, "Mason has been torturing him in the warehouse down the road."

"Shit."

"We need to go there now." I walked past them.

Derek grabbed my arm, stopping me from going any further, "It's not going to be that easy, Amara."

Jack and Alec nodded, "Mason's got the whole place surrounded, he doesn't want the Italians showing up."

I stayed quiet for a moment, trying to process that he was still alive.

"I need to get to him." I told them, and Derek sighed in understanding.

"I know. But we need to prepare first, we can't just walk in there."

"Okay, but we must do it fast." I said, and they nodded.

"We need to get out of here first." Jack said, looking around us.

"There is only two guards at the entrance." I said. "But they are armed."

"We only have the handguns." Alec said, gesturing to the gun that was at his waist.

"We'll have to sneak by them then." Derek said, and we agreed, taking it as the best shot we had.

We tiptoed toward the exit, trying not to alert the guards, but as I walked close to a cell, a prisoner grabbed onto me, pulling me against the bars.

It made a loud noise and the guards turned to us.

"Fuck." Derek said, grabbing the pistol.

Alec quickly grabbed a hold of me, following the rest of the guys behind a wall.

"We're so dead." Jack whispered and I gave him a look.

"No, I got this." I said, pulling the dagger out of the slot on my ankle.

"That's too small of a knife, it's not going to work." Derek whispered to me, and I reached over to him, grabbing the knife at his waist.

"Hey!" He whispered shouted at me, trying to grab it back.

"Trust me." I said, quickly looking behind the wall towards the running guards.

I took a deep breath and held the handle of the blade, trying to clear my thoughts as I prepared myself.

I quickly got up, throwing the knife. It sliced through the air, the blade hitting one of the guards directly in the chest.

I ducked down again, grabbing the small dagger. I took another deep breath, preparing to aim for the guys head with the small knife.

I got up again, throwing the knife once more, hitting him straight in the forehead.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"You actually did it!" Alec shouted, all of them patting me on the back as we got up.

"Fuck, Amara. That was amazing." Derek said, smiling at me. "Let's go save your boyfriend."