Chapter Five

B E L L A M Y

It was a little past four in the afternoon when I made it home. I was able to refrain from ordering and drinking a second bottle of wine. Instead, I chatted up a cute girl at the bar.

It was only when I was about to leave and ask for her number that she informed me she had a boyfriend.

So, I stumbled back into the house I now called home, kicking off my shoes in the hall and closing the front door behind me.

Noah was sitting on the couch, watching some weirdly confronting documentary about fish, and ignored me when I walked into the room. I let my eyes wander over his body for a second, my intoxicated mind controlling me, stopping me from looking away as I noticed the tattoos peeking out above his collar, his muscular legs sprawled out in front of him and his biceps bulging as he leaned his elbow on the armrest to his right.

Whoa, get yourself together girl.

I shook my head softly, walking towards the kitchen. Grabbing myself a glass of orange juice to push away the impending nausea, I turned to the cooking island, narrowing my eyes at a note with familiar handwriting.

It was from Isaac, telling me he was at Katy's tonight. Great.

I threw the note in the trash, accidentally knocking my half empty glass over and spilling orange juice everywhere.

"What's wrong with you?" Noah said from the couch, and I steadied myself on the counter.

"Fuck off, Noah. Go back to watching your stupid ass documentary," I bit back, grabbing some paper towels.

He turned and narrowed his eyes at me. "Are you drunk?"

I scoffed, ignoring his question and focusing my attention on the mess I had made.

As soon as I had cleaned up the last drop of orange juice, I sprinted upstairs. I made sure my door was closed before I fell onto the bed, the room spinning around me as I looked up at the ceiling. Maybe ease up on the drinks, Bella.

Deciding to take a quick nap before dinner, I stripped down to my mismatched underwear and crawled under the soft covers, closing my eyes.

"Bellamy?"

I turned, frowning in my sleep when I heard Noah's voice in my dreams. Able to forget about it as soon as it happened, I continued to enjoy the very explicit scenario I was sketching in my head, until the hot college teacher that was taking me missionary style suddenly turned into the devil himself.

I awoke with a shriek, feeling hands on my shoulders.

"Bellamy!"

Noah was standing over me, brutally shaking me. "Hey!"

He straightened up, crossing his arms and staring at me with a cocked brow. "Are you deaf?"

"Leave me alone." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my sheets and turning away from him, trying to get back to my dream.

"Jesus," I heard him mumble under his breath, and I yelped when he roughly pulled the covers off me.

"What the hell?" I yelled, grabbing whatever I could find to cover myself up.

"Fuck, I didn't need to see that." He shielded his eyes, and though it was very clear we couldn't stand each other, that little comment really hurt.

"Get the fuck out, Noah," I sneered, jumping from the bed and pushing him out of my room.

He gave me one last look, before he stormed out and down the stairs while mumbling under his breath. "Fine, don't eat then."