47

Redamancy: (n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full.

-

Aris woke up the next morning to the scent of eggs and bacon clouding her sense of smell. Her stomach simultaneously rumbled, forcing her to sit upright and hop out of bed, practically dragging her towards the smell's source. She could here the sizzling of bacon from down below, along with Edward's quiet humming of the song Comfortably Numb, which she smiled at, knowing that the only way he'd know that song was if he'd started listening to Pink Floyd after she had told him that they were one of her favorite bands.

Nearly running down the stairs, Aris found him in the kitchen like she'd predicted, making her way over to him and wrapping him in a hug from behind, her chin on his shoulder. "Morning." She smiled, causing him to turn around in her hold with an identical one on his face as well. "Morning." His words were followed by him pressing his lips to hers lovingly, which she eagerly returned, before they were interrupted by an abnormally loud grumble from her stomach. "Hungry?" He chuckled, to which she nodded, graciously taking the plate of eggs and bacon from his hands that he was holding out to her.

The morning went by nicely, Edward informing Aris that he had casually requested that his family stay away for another day. Aris knew that they could probably infer from his request what had happened between them the night before, which she wouldn't have initially cared about all that much, except for the fact that she knew she was never going to hear the end of it from Emmett.

"If he gives you crap for it, just bring up the fact that he still hasn't gotten over his Keeping up with the Kardashian's phase, and he'll shut up immediately." Edward suggested, to which Aris let out a snort at the idea of Emmett just casually chilling on the couch watching trashy reality TV shows.

"So, it's finally summer, and it's also the first summer where my skin is too noticeable for me to go outside. What do vampires usually do during this time?" She asked, standing up and bringing her dishes to the sink before Edward could do it for her.

He shrugged. "Visit family, travel, and pretty much anything you'd normally do, except we make sure that when we're traveling and outside, it's to places where there's no one else, like one of our islands."

Aris looked at him crazed. "You guys own an island?!"

"A few. It's a great investment."

"So, you guys are just casually billionaires? I mean, I knew you had money, but not the type that allows you to buy islands!" She exclaimed in shock.

Edward laughed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as they took a seat on the couch. "Well, with Alice able to see what stock markets are good to invest in, Carlisle being an amazing surgeon, and all of us having been around for awhile, it all adds up fairly quickly." He explained. "We of course donate most of it to charity, but even after that, there is still a lot leftover. I don't want to talk about how much money we have though. What would you like to do for the rest of the day?"

Aris thought for a moment. Her and Edward had the day to themselves, and it was the last day they were going to have to themselves for who knew how long. She turned to him with seductive eyes, pulling him by the collar of his shirt so his face was level with hers. He automatically knew what idea was going through her head of how they could spend the rest of their day, so before she could close the gap between their lips, he picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder playfully, and taking them back to the bedroom that had been used last night, which he had made sure to thoroughly clean that morning, changing the sheets and whatnot.

He placed her down on her back under the canopy, crawling overtop of her and finally closing the gap between their lips.

It was going to be a long afternoon.

-

It was around 5:00pm, and as the two of them binge watched a ridiculous amount of dystopian franchises, they still had yet to figure out how to take their hands off of each other. Whether it was just holding hands, or laying in each other's arms, after the night before and the afternoon they'd had, neither of them could find the will to part. Aris had found that a guilty pleasure of Edward's was playing with his hair, which was kind of funny to her for an unknown reason. Regardless, they sat on the couch with him laying between her thighs, and her hands running through his hair as the credits for I am Legend played on the screen.

"Pretty boy." Aris mumbled, one of her hands continuing to card through his hair as the other traced his chiseled features delicately.

Edward looked up at her, surprised by the compliment, but also warmhearted. "Say that again." He smiled, enjoying the butterflies it gave him as it rolled off her tongue.

"Pretty boy." She spoke in more than a mumble this time, watching as a satisfied smile toyed on his lips.

"God I love you." He sighed, then going still as Aris's hands froze in place, the both of them realizing what he just said aloud. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"I love you too." Saying those words felt physically relieving. It had been hell constantly having to make sure she didn't accidentally do what he just did - that being just blurting it.

Neither of them said anything for several minutes after that because no words needed to be shared. They had both fallen in love with each other, even though they tried desperately for so long not to let that happen.

That meant that there was no going back now, even if they wanted to.

-

The rest of the summer went similarly to that day, in the sense that it was filled with nothing but peace and happiness. The Cullen's had indeed returned from the Denali's the next day, which even though Aris enjoyed being alone with Edward, it was nice to have her second family back. The summer was spent with the Shields, Cullens, and Denali's mingling, visiting each other, and traveling together when they felt like it. It was a lot more enjoyable for everyone now that Edward finally had a partner, seeing as he was now constantly in high spirits as long as Aris was around.

Towards the beginning of summer, there was still the worry of the Volturi coming in search of Osiris, but as far as Alice could see, they didn't seem to be planning on it any time soon, if at all. This relieved a great deal of stress from everyone's shoulders, allowing them all to just relax and enjoy their summer vacation.

Though neither of them had said it aloud, Aris and Edward were most certainly in a relationship at this point. They were both helplessly in love with one another; it was almost sickening. The thought of ever "breaking up", or being split apart, was even more unbearable now than it had been before, and everyone around them knew that there was no chance of that ever happening either if they had anything to do with it. Thus, Alice had already secretly started making wedding arrangements in her head, even though Aris and Edward had yet to even start their senior year yet.

Everything was just perfect. Everything was so perfect that it seemed too good to be true. Aris was just waiting for something - anything to go wrong at any moment. Her life had never felt more filling and happy than it did in that moment, and that was wonderful, except for the fact that it felt suspicious. She couldn't shake the feeling that her world was just going to come crashing down at any moment, and that alone was terrifying. She didn't know if this feeling was a subconscious premonition, or if it was her just being too hard on herself, unable to accept the fact that she deserved happiness. Whatever the reason, she did her best to hide it until the feeling passed, which she wasn't sure when that would be.

However, she wouldn't be lucky enough to have her life come crashing down, no. Soon, her life was going to erupt in a monstrosity of flames, flames that burned her life and happiness into ash.