The Suit Man

(Roe's P.O.V)
I immediatly tensed up as I saw the man in the suit. Everyone called him, the suit man, in the orphanage. I turned around and grabbed my daddy's leg hiding my face away from the man. He always scared me.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
When the man said that I heard Roe whimper and she again took a harsher grip around my leg for protection. "Oh come on, Roe" the man said squatting down, "show me your pretty face" he said and reached for her arm. Immediatly I pushed Roe behind me shielding her away from the man she obvisiouly found scary. "Dont touch her" I growled at him. He looked up at me from his squatting position and chuckled at me while shaking his head and standing back up. "You probably want to know what I want from you. Huh?". I stayed silent as I watched him with a cols stare. "Well let me introduce myself first" he said and sat down on a chair. "Im the brother of the woman you put in hospital. Angela Parker, remember". "She did that to herself when she laid a hand on my child" I told the man that I now know as Mr Parker. "Now now, Mr Shelby, she's not your child now is she? She belongs to the orphanage". "If we're going down that route. Then she actually belongs to Steve and Masie Eden. You know her biological parents". "They are dead" Mr Parker snapped back, "then that makes her mine. Cause I recall, Steve asking me to find his child and raise her as my own as he died in my arms" I told him as I stepped forward to him like a predator. He stood up and put a gun against my head. "I suggest you drop the act Mr Shelby. Cause you're the only Blinder here" Mr Parker said furrowing his eyes. "All alone, with no soldiers to protect you".

 "All alone, with no soldiers to protect you"

I said with a chuckle. Mr Parker lost his alpha male act for a second at my reply as he looked confused at my reply. Then realisation hit him like a brick.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I looked around as I saw the other men raise their guns at the man in the suit. I watched daddy look around. "Remember this, Mr Parker, I rule Small Heath. Which means there will always be a Blinder on every corner of the streets, in every bar, every market or the factories". "So next time you decide to kidnap me and my daughter. Remember I will be one step ahead of you". I watched dad turn around  and walk towards me and pick me up. "Oh and Mr Parker. Come after me or my child again. And Ill kill you" daddy said before walking away with me.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
As I walked down the streets I felt Roe tightly holding me. Like she never wanted to let me go. I also heard her whimper and felt her shake. I rubbed circles on her back as I knew I had to get back home quick. When we where taken, Mr Monty was left home and I knew that the whole thing scared her. Especially Mr Parker scared her, why I need to figure out. We arrived home and Roe was heavily shaking now and tears streamed down her little face. "Shhh Baby. Its okay, you're going to be alright" I said pushing the door open and quickly going upstairs. Crying loudly now, I laid Roe on her bed and grabbes Mr Monty from the floor. I handed the bear to Roe but she kept on crying. "Please. Please calm down. Its alright" I tried calming her down. "Roe. Please. Sshh" I said and tried grabbing her but she moved away from my touch and leaned against the headboard. "Its okay" I tried again. The crying turned into screaming and I felt my anger rise. I couldnt control it because the anger was fueled with fear. I needed her to stop and I dont know other ways accept making her. "Roe! Stop!" I yelled at her. But she kept screaming louder and louder. "Roe stop" I demanded her and reached to her. But she kicked away my hand with her foot. "Roe stop right now" I snapped at her and grabbed her wrist to make her look at me.  She kept kicking me and I got more annoyed and angry with her. "Stop fucking screaming!" I yelled at her with anger. I let her go roughly. "Aarrgghhh" I yelled and walked away from her.  "What do I have to do to make you fucking listen to me?!" I yelled at her with full anger. I walked around the room trying to calm down while Roelynn continued to scream her lungs out. I sighed and walked to the wall to sit on the ground.

I rubbed my face with tiredness before looking up at Roe

I rubbed my face with tiredness before looking up at Roe. I watched her cry, scream and basically be scared to hell and I felt totally useless cause I couldnt help her. "Please. Just stop" I said with a sigh. "Take a little walk to the edge of town, go across the tracks" I started to sing. I saw her sit upright and stop crying as I sang further. "Where the viaduct looms like a bird of doom, as it shifts and cracks". She was sniffling as she watched me.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
"Where secrets lie in the border fires, in the humming wires. Hey girl you know you're never coming back. Past the square, past the bridge, past the mills past the stacks". I listened on as daddy sang the song he sometimes sings to get me to fall asleep. "On a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man" I crawled forward of the bed and walked towards daddy. "In a dusty black coat with a red right hand" he sang as I crawled into his lap. "He'll wrap you in his arms tell you that you've been a good girl" he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I felt my anger and sadness fade away as she crawled into my lap. I kissed her head before I continued to sing to her. She started to fall asleep. After finishing the song I looked down at her. "I didnt mean to scare you. I just cant loose you" I whispered before kissing her forehead.

Published: 4th of july 2021