Chapter Thirty Nine

Newt and Mr. Kowalski had returned to the guest room, but Eleanor had stayed back to help Queenie clean up. Tina had already shut herself into her own bedroom without saying a word and Eleanor was starting to wonder if this was even a good idea. 

"Please don't pay no mind to my sister." Queenie said while charming the dishes to wash themselves. 

"I just don't understand what I did to make her hate me so much." Eleanor said while wiping the table down. Things have always been awkward with Tina, she really wanted to know what had caused it. 

"You didn't do anything wrong, Ellie. She's only jealous of you. Now more than ever." Queenie replied. She would never tell Eleanor the real reason why Tina disliked her so much now. It would absolutely crush her soul and heart... No, it would shatter her entire world if she knew the truth of why their parents had gotten so sick. Queenie promised herself she wouldn't tell anyone, but she wasn't so sure about Tina. They heard a door open down the hall and quickly shut their mouths not wanting to be caught gossiping about the woman coming down the hall. 

"I just wanted to bring the boys some cocoa. Little treat for them before they go to bed. I don't think they drink it much in London. 

"We just really like our tea," Eleanor giggled. "It's a nice treat. Newt likes it with the fluffy puffs."

"With what?" Queenie questioned even though she knew what Eleanor was thinking of. 

"Fluffy puffs! The fluffy, sticky things?" She laughed. 

"We call them marshmallows here! You brits come up with the funniest terms." Queenie laughed again and Tina waved her wand to summon two mugs and the ingredients. She whipped it up quick and took it into the boys room. Queenie stood behind her sister to try and get a little glimpse of the no maj. Tina went back into her room and Queenie came back to Eleanor's side. 

"That doesn't make any sense though. I mean, what could she have possibly been jealous of?" Eleanor said continuing their previous discussion. She was so tired of being kept in the dark. She knew Queenie just had to read Tina's mind to figure out why she was always so rude. 

"Well, at first she was jealous that we got along so well. Tina always had trouble making friends. Then as we got a little older, she was jealous of how pretty you were. And when our parents passed away, she was jealous that you had such a loving family, it really took a toll on her." Queenie tried explaining everything, but it was still confusing to Eleanor. She couldn't help that she had parents or that she was pretty and made friends easily. 

"And now she's jealous that you found such a loving, caring, man that you can travel with and go on adventures with. She just lost her job as an auror and life is just really kicking her ass at the moment." Queenie said and Eleanor frowned. 

"I just wish we could all be friends at least." Eleanor said quietly. 

"Trust me, so do I. But I've tried reasoning with her. She's just a bitter person at the moment. Always has been a serious girl." Queenie replied and they went to sit on the couch together. Queenie summoned their own hot cocoa with marshmallows and they chatted a little more. 

"So when are you going to tell him that you're... ya know?" Queenie said and pointed to her stomach. 

"Q, I have absolutely no clue how to tell him. I mean, we talked about having children, but I just didn't know when he wanted to have one. Ugh..." Eleanor threw her head in her hands. 

"You're gonna start showing soon. Oh you're going to look so cute with a baby bump!" Queenie squealed. 

"You're pregnant? El?" The girls whipped their heads to where the voice stood and Eleanor's eyes went wide as she stared right back into Newt's. 

"I- oh merlin... I didn't know how to tell you," Eleanor stood up and began tearing up. "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner I-"

But she didn't get to finish her sentence as Newt leapt across the room and smashed his lips onto hers. He had one hand upon her hip and the other cupping her cheek. Queenie of course, stood up and squealed while clapping her hands. 

"You're pregnant! Oh merlin, I'm going to be a dad!" He screamed excitedly and ran his hands through his hair with the goofiest grin Eleanor had ever seen on his face. She smiled through her emotions, which were extremely overwhelming for her as the tears slid down her cheeks. He kissed her again and even picked her up and spun her around. 

"I love you so much," He whispered into her hair as he clung onto her. 

"I love you more," She whispered back to him. He lead her back to the room they were sharing with the baker man... only her wasn't there. 

"Where's the no- maj?" She questioned him while giving him a look. 

"Down in the suitcase." Newt said casually. 

"You... let the no- maj down there?" She said exasperated. He was just making one bad decision after the other these days. 

"His name is actually Jacob and he's really friendly." Newt said while opening his case back up. 

"I thought you said he hit you up side the head with a suitcase?" She raised her eyebrows at him. 

"Well I kind of don't blame him for that." Newt replied with a sheepish smile. Jacob poked his head out of the suitcase and came back up into their room. 

"Are we leaving now?" Jacob asked and looked at Newt. 

"Leaving for where?" Eleanor questioned. This man is going to be the death of her. 

"We need to find our creatures!" He exclaimed. 

"I thought you were going tomorrow?" She asked. 

"I can't wait any longer. Jacob and I are leaving to find them by morning." He explained. 

"I'm coming with you then." She said while grabbing for her coat. 

"Absolutely not." Newt said while using his wand to send her jacket across the room. 

"Seriously? And why not?" She said while folding her arms over her chest. 

"Because you, my darling, are carrying precious cargo. The erumpent is missing. It's too dangerous." He said while resting a hand on her stomach and pecking her lips quickly. 

"What others are you missing?" She said worried about who else was out there. 

"Please don't worry about this El, I can handle it. We will be back before you know it." He said and pecked her once more before apparating out of the room with Jacob. She sighed loudly and plopped on the bed. She heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in!" She said and Tina barged in, took a look at what she saw... or what she didn't see. The boys were missing and she quickly ran out of the room. 

"Where are they?" Tina yelled out. 

"They went looking for our creatures." Eleanor replied and there was silence. 

"Creatures? As in plural?" She questioned.

"Afraid so, but he didn't tell me who was all missing. She heard Tina groan and then nothing, figuring she apparated, Queenie went over to Eleanor. 

"Do you want to come to work with me tomorrow? It might be fun. Though it's not a glamorous job, it might be nice to show you around MACUSA. 

"I'd love that! It'll be nice to see what life is like in a different country." She said and clapped her hands together. 

"Perfect! Be ready to leave at 7:55AM!" She said and shut the door. Excited to get to spend the day with Queenie, Eleanor tucked herself into bed and turned the lights out.