📝Letters📝

Fluff
——————————————————

The year is 1982. A brunet boy, 18, 5'8 and bubbly, lived in an abandoned town all on his own. His only friend, was just a few miles away but a few is too much for Karl.

Dear Nick,
      I hope one day we can travel the world together, find new things! Maybe invent things! Or even time travel!! I'm almost done packing my things, I'm finally gonna leave my abandoned town. Might take a month or a couple of weeks but I'll make my way to you somehow.

    Love, Karl~

Nick read over this with a smile on his face. His heart bursted with joy at the thought of finally meeting his "long" lost friend. He quickly rushed out his room, holding up the paper to his mother.

"Mom! Mom! Look! The boy I was talking about, Karl, he might come visit!" Nick rumbled excitedly. His mother grabbed the paper and read it slowly. A smile spread on her face as she handed him the paper back.

"I can't wait." She said, before Nick rushed back to his room and hopped on his bed. He sighed,

I wonder what he looks like...

Dear Karl,
    I can't wait to see you! I've told my mom about you so much that she is excited too! We are going to play games, explore, tell stories, oh! I can't wait! See you soon!

    From Nick

Karl smiled so bright he thought he could light up the world! He shoved the paper neatly into his bag along with every other letter, rushed out his room and grabbed his things. He let out a deep breath before exiting the house, turning around and taking one last glance before beginning his long journey.

Week later

Nick paced back and forth in his room as he waited for his mother to come through the door with another letter. He heard the front door shut and couldn't wait, he opened his door and ran out.

"Is it here! Is it here!" He spoke fast. His mother snatched the papers out of his hand , giving him a warning look. He quickly backed off and crossed his arms waiting patiently. When his mother got down to the last paper she frowned. She turned her head and shook her head at him. Nick slid his arms down as his eyes went half wide and he gave a pout.

"Are you sure?" He said stepping closer to scan the mail. She nodded.

"Nothing says for you dear. I'm sorry. Maybe next week?"

Nick nodded before turning around and walking back to his room.

"It's already been three weeks." He said to himself before entering his room, shutting the door behind him. He groaned, belly flopping onto his bed as his tears of anger begged to spill out. He curled up into a ball and let his tears flow.

Did he leave me? Did he die? Is he ok? Did he find someone else?

Nick cried more and more as his thoughts drowned him under the sea. Eventually, he dozed off into a some what peaceful sleep.

With Karl

Karl wiped the bead of sweat on his forehead as he panted. He dropped his things and fell to the ground with a grunt. He didn't know how much longer he'd last. He pulled out a piece of paper and began writing.