Comming Home

Tessa's POV:

I've been living with Cora for six weeks now and decided I'm finally ready to go back home to my brothers. I've had multiple individual therapy sessions with Jane and a few family ones with Cora and just me and my brothers.
I'm very happy where I am in life and I'm also much healthy.
To be honest, I've missed my brothers a lot; especially Leo. My nightmares are few and rare thankfully. School has been really good. We're almost done and in our final semester of the year.
Something, I've kept secrete from my brothers and even Cora is that I agree to be Williams girlfriend about 3 weeks ago. I want to tell them but I'm afraid of their reactions. We spoke about how they felt about my ex abusing me and how they're against me having a boyfriend now. Typical brotherly feelings. So I'm nervous and almost a little scared to tell them. Besides that though, William has been absolutely amazing. Yes, he does all the normal cliches high school boyfriend stuff like walking me to classes and carrying my bag for me. He also makes sure I always have a ride to and from school even if it's not him driving me(which is a rare occurrence but has happened a few times). The one thing he does that I really appreciate is that he asks for my permission. He asks if it's okay for him to kiss me or hug me. Well sometimes, he mostly asks me if it's okay and if I'm comfortable while we're making out.
He makes me feel safe and he appreciates me. He doesn't raise his voice to me and he most certainly hasn't physically hurt me in anyway whatsoever. He's a true gentleman.

It's Sunday morning and I decide it's time to talk to Leo about coming home. I call him on his cell because I'm not sure he's at home or out running errands.

Leo: "hey Tessa, how are you sweetheart?"

Tessa: "hey Leo. Is right now an okay time to talk?"

Leo: "babygirl, you can call me anytime. Day or night. I will always have time to talk to you. What's up? Is everything okay?"

Tessa: "yeah! Everything's great. Actually, I was calling because I was hoping....if it'd be okay of course..... but you can say no if it's not.... I don't want to ruin anything or intrude..."

Leo: "Tessa. Your rambling hun. What it is?"

Tessa "I'm sorry. I just was wondering...if I could possibly come back home Leo?"

Leo: "Tessa..."

Tessa: "please Leo. I promise I'll try harder and be more open. I miss you all so much and o think I'm ready..."

Leo: "Tessa. You don't have to ask. It's your home too. Of course I want you here. We all do. More then anything. You belong with us Tess!"

My heart soared. I was beyond happy and thankful.  We continued the conversation and decided I'd go home the following weekend so that I had time to pack my belongings and everything.

Cora said she was happy but sad I was leaving. I think we both really enjoyed our time together. I needed her and she was there for me but I also think she also needed me in a way. She's the best "big sister" a girl could have and I'll never be grateful enough to have her in my life.

The school week passed quickly. William came over to help me move back in with my brothers. Him and Cole did the heavy lifting of my boxes of clothes while Cora and I pretty much sat on the porch swing outside laughing at them try to pack up the truck.

When they were all finished, William grabbed me and dragged me behind the stairwell of Cora's place and kissed me passionately.

William: "I'm so proud of you Tessa. You absolutely amaze me"

I'm starting to fall in love with this boy. It's so different with him. I hate that I am hiding this from my brothers and Cora but I don't want to lose the relationship I have either William. I hear Cole calling me name so we quickly make our way out of our "hiding spot" and head back outside.
Coke comes over and lifts me up in the biggest bear hug.

Cole: "I've missed you so much darling. Now let's get you home".

With that, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder running to the truck. All I hear is Cora and William in the background laughing at us.

My life is about to change all over again but I know it's for the best. I absolutely can't wait for this new adventure.