Chapter 12

After 2 hours of the unpleasant journey which felt more like an eternity of driving, an impatient Habiba could finally see her destination from the windshield of her car

The journey was not very exquisite for Amor either since his not so talkative sister was eating his ear the whole time by accusing him of how he wasn't a manly man.

According to her commentary, a manly man didn't drive as slowly as he did. A brave man was he who drove speedily like the heroes of the fast and furious movies but never let the accident happened. That is how the heroism of a man appeared, unlike her brother.

On the other side, poor Amor was driving at a safe speed for the safety of both of them.

Arriving at the destination Amor parked the car under the big tree which was more than a hundred years old and it looked like it was the canopies for the area around it.

Habiba jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped, finally freeing Amor after annoying the hell out of him for hours.

Amor let out a sigh looking at her retreating form who was excited enough to have the care of the world then.

"I at least deserve a thank you," he thought to himself.

Getting out of the car, Habiba's gaze waved from side to side as her face beamed with delight.

Amor stood beside her, a smile plastered on his face looking at her gleeful face.

"You like it?" he asked knowing her reply.

"I loved it. Everything is the same as before. Nothing has changed at all." She looked up at him with a broad smile, extending her hands she hugged him tightly as she mumbled a thank you.

Amor's face filled with pure glee as he kissed her head lovingly.

Habiba leaned down and took off her sandal and rested her soft, tender leg on the dry grass.

She threw the sandal on Amor's hand and ran to her the most anticipating place laughing cheerfully.

Amor smiled looking at her as if he was watching his 4 years old sister laughing and running around happily, wearing beautiful little frocks, her small bare feet smeared with a little dirt and wavy long hair bouncing on the back as if they were a fountain cascading down from the mountain top.

He walked forward to the Treehouse where his sister was swinging in the wooden cradle attached to the big tree.

She went backward and pushes her foot on the ground and swung forward.

Amor went behind her and helped her to sway. They both were silent for a minute when Habiba spoke up.

"Bhaiya, do you remember how I once fall from the cradle and sprained my ankle but you had to pay for my mistake by listening to an earful from Abbu," she said looking back at him smiling slyly.