Chapter 27

Author's POV

The relay became intense for the three teams as they were being pressured by each other. The Blue team is being the lead, followed by the Red and Yellow team. Each of the team has their own strategies. The Blue team chose to let the parents go first before the kids. The Yellow team decided to do it alternately, parents then pupils. But the Red team has decided to let the kids go first before the parents. Seoyeon was the one who proposed that strategy to the team. She said that if the kids will go first, they would appreciate the game more. Also, once the kids are done, the parents could do the relay quickly. And she proved them right, because the last pair of kids is almost done.

"Okay! Next pair, go!" One of the parents under Red team exclaimed when the last pair of kids finally got back.

Namjoon and Seoyeon were the last pair to go, so while they're waiting, Seoyeon kept on cheering for the team. Since the kids are done in the Red Team, they're finally taking the lead.

"Next pair, go!" The parent from the first pair to return said after passing the Calamansi to the next pair to them.

Slowly, Seoyeon felt the nervousness since it's their turn after that pair. She checked the opposing teams and noticed that the Blue team also has the last pair. Yet, if the two of them, Seoyeon and Namjoon, will get to finish the relay in one go, they will win. When Seoyeon noticed that the pair is getting back, she faced Namjoon and placed her spoon in her mouth.

"Hurry, Namjoon, they're getting closer." She frantically informed Namjoon, so he nodded and did what Seoyeon did.

And when the previous pair finally returned, they immediately passed the Calamansi to Seoyeon and Namjoon.

"Last pair, go!" The parent signaled, so Namjoon and Seoyeon started to walk carefully while their hands are on each other's shoulders.

Due to anxiety, Seoyeon kept on looking at the Calamansi which makes her slightly unsteady. Namjoon can see that so he tapped her shoulder.

"Look at me, Seoyeon." He murmured as he kept the spoon in between his teeth.

Seoyeon averted her gaze at Namjoon while they carefully walk around the obstacle. Hwayoung noticed that Seoyeon is getting tensed since the Blue team is getting near.

"Go, mommy and daddy!" Hwayoung cheered from their base.

And slowly, Seoyeon and Namjoon are finally getting back to their base. Just a few more steps. Be steady. One more and....

"Congratulations, Courageous Red Team!" Jimin announced the moment the last pair got back.

The members of the Red team rejoiced at the announcement. It made Seoyeon so happy and excited that she immediately hugged Namjoon while jumping happily. Namjoon was startled by her actions that he froze on his feet. He could feel his heartbeat getting louder.

"We won!" She exclaimed joyously, but immediately stopped jumping when she realized what she is doing.

She quickly pulled away and regain her poise, eyes not wanting to meet Namjoon's from embarrassment. Seoyeon internally scolded herself for being so senseless and stupid. Hwayoung saw that and she can't help but to giggle while covering her mouth.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that." Seoyeon mumbled while staring on the ground, but before Namjoon could reply, Hwayoung's voice was heard.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Hwayoung called as she run to them with open arms, so Namjoon welcomed her and carried her in his arms.

"Hey, princess." Namjoon greeted as he took his handkerchief to wipe Hwayoung's sweat.

"You and mommy were so amazing!" She beamed happily.