*Chapter 10*

Third POV:

"So you ready for our date?" Kazuha asked hopping down from the ledge he was sitting on. The two had agreed to meet up at the docks per the boy's request.

"Yes, sorry for arriving late. Ayaka wouldn't let me go without trying on all the outfits." Y/N replied back.

"Well you look stunning as usual princess, there's no need for you to fret on outfits." Kazuha said in his signature calm tone. 

Trying to ignore that burning sensation on her face, Y/N took in a breath before replying "Since when did you become such a flirt" 

"Oh?" Kazuha says leaning in so their faces were mere centimetres apart, "Did you like that? You're face is burning up princess. Do you have a fever~"

"I- am perfectly healthy thank you very much" Y/N says before taking a step back.

"I see, well we ought not to linger here. People are beginning to stare, why don't we go see the foxes you love so much?" Kazuha says offering his hand.

You took it without hesitation before following the boy. Giggling and laughing as you made conversation all the way up to the mountains where you expected to see your beloved animals. However instead of finding a bunch of happy foxes, you found dozens of them locked in cages or stuck in traps. "What the hell?" you whispered to yourself. 

Kazuha POV:

 Climbing up the mountain I had expected to hear a lot more noise than what was given. The path gave off an airy vibe and I could tell something was wrong just before we reached our destination. 

"Stay back." I said, holding my hand out and shielding the princess from any possible harm. 

"What happened here?" She whispers to me. 

"Lets go take a closer look but be careful." I replied as she nodded in agreement 

As we inspected the traps and cages,  to see the bite marks and scratches on the metals indicating that the animals had tried to escape before giving up. Poachers? I thought to myself as I ran two fingers down the chipped metals. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching from the distant and immediately grabbed Y/N's arm and dragged her behind a bush. She gave me a confused glance but didn't question it as we waited behind the leaves.

"Are you sure we need these foxes? Can't we just kidnap another pretty girl like usual and be done with it?" A voice said

"No, the master specifically asked for these foxes. They say the ones in Inazuma produces the softest furs. If we can sell these along with those ladies then we'd surely make millions." Another replied 

"I still think it's easier just to take the young girls, they're a lot easier to catch. Why are these things so hard to grip. Plus, one even bit me." A third added on.

"Foxes, foxes, foxes!" someone else chanted. 

The situation wasn't ideal and from the topics of this conversation I could tell they were criminal groups. Their exchange about kidnapping young girls didn't put me at ease either especially since I had the cutest one right next to me. 

"There's clearly a lot of them, I'm counting at least 15." The princess whispered to me. "What do we do? We can't just leave the foxes!" 

"Why don't u stay hidden while I fend them off?" I offered not wanting to put Y/N in any harm.

"No way! First of all, I love foxes and second of all, beating men up is my hobby." She says to me in a sinisterly sweet smile. Why did she look excited?

I gulped, "Fine, but do be careful. You take the men on that side and I'll take the ones on this side." I say pointing at the directions as I speak 

"Understood." She says and I smile at her bravery. Then again, the princess never lacked any combat skills and she was more independent than a lot of adults I knew. There were times she even protected me from harm. 

The men noticing us quickly drew their weapons and got into a fight stance. The tallest one had the audacity to comment, "What a beautiful young lady, mind if I take her?" 

"Sorry, this one's mine." I replied. 

Without skipping a beat she followed "No, thanks," The princess said to the man, "you don't even have any eyebrows."

Silenced surrounded the area as I studied the man closer and found what she said was true, this man indeed possessed no eyebrows...

As we ran into battle I saw a flash of golden light before all 8 men within her radius were knocked out gracefully by Y/N. What amazed me more was the fact she wasn't even carrying a weapon, with her bare hands she was able to render all those men unconscious. Mesmerized by her beauty I forgot about the enemies I was facing and let down my guard. 

"Kazuha watch out!" I hear her yell before an arrow whizzed past me. That was close... I quickly finished off the rest of the men leaving only one conscious. "Hey there, I'm a pretty nice guy so I'll let you live if you answer all my questions honestly." I say to the guy as I point my sword at him threateningly. 

Behind me Y/N stuck her tongue off before looking for the keys to free the foxes. 

Y/N's POV:

"There," I say as I open the last cage and let out a happy little fox. "you be more careful now." I say while smiling. 

It wagged its tail with excitement before tackling both me and Kazuha into the nearby pond of water. Where in Celestia did the fox get it's strength?

Kazuha landed face first on my chest with an "Oof" sound while I fell back first into the shallow pond. Great, now we're both soaked. I thought to myself as I tried to sit up. 

As I propped my upper half up with my arms I noticed how inappropriate the position I was in right now. Kazuha had one leg between my legs and his left arm on my thigh. His body loomed over me and our faces were a lot closer for comfort. What made things worse was the water causing my clothes to stick to my skin, Ayaka was surely gonna beat him up for this. 

"Soooo, can I steal a kiss?" Kazuha teased while giving me a smirk, not caring about the position nor the situation.

My face...is so... red, "Huh?" I answered causing another smile from Kazuha before he gave me a quick peck on the forehead. I evaporated right there and then. 

"Relax," Kazuha says while getting up "I'm not trying to rush things and I'm definitely not trying to make you feel uncomfortable." 

"Thanks." I say while standing up. Suddenly I felt a warm pair of hands around my shoulders and a cloth wrapped around me. 

"You can use my blanket to cover yourself up, I tend to bring it around while traveling. You never know when you wanna take a nap." Kazuha says with a wink. 

Where does he even fit that... I thought to myself. "Your the best Kazuha." I say.

"I know." 

Gee, where's the modesty. 

Fun fact: 

Ayaka saw Y/N soaked when Kazuha brought her home and threatened to render his reproductive organs useless. 

The poor boy ran...