Rocky Ground

DONT PLAY THE SONG ABOVE UNTIL I SAY TO PLAY IT!!!

"I'm sorry, he's getting dressed," said Apple from the other room. I was still getting ready for work but sped up the pace. Who was she talking to?

"And who are you?" Said a male voice. I recognize it but I can't remember from where.

"I'm just a friend," she said. I heard the man scoff. Just then, I finished getting ready and rushed to the front door.

"You're his slut, aren't you?" Said the man as I approached the door. What the fuck?!

I stood behind Apple and recognized the man immediately.

I own a law firm and this is our most important client at the moment. The only problem- I'm not so convinced he's innocent. I somehow got stuck with defending him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here, Midsky?"

"Apparently, discovering you're not a complete idiot. Nice pick on the prostitute," he said, winking at me.

I pushed Apple behind me.

"Talk to her like that again and you'll see how idiotic I can be," I threatened. He didn't get to talk to Apple like that. Not under my watch.

"Calm down," he said, laughing. "I just came to talk with you about my case,"

"Apple, do you mind going to the bedroom for a while?" I asked, not looking away from Midsky.

I heard her sigh and walk away, before letting Midsky come inside. I led him towards the alcohol cabinet and poured us both some Jack Daniels.

"What do you want, Midsky?"

"I want to make a deal," he said. It was my turn to scoff.

"The last person who made a deal with you ended up dead," I said. He didn't look very happy. "I'm not an idiot Midsky. I know when someone's guilty, I own a whole damn law firm."

"So you're willing to do business with me?"

"The only 'business' I have with you is the one where I protect your sorry ass," I spat. "Now get out,"

He looked beyond pissed but he called Apple a slut so I wasn't about to suck up to him. He couldn't fire me. I was the only attorney willing to defend him.

"You'll regret this," he said. He turned and left and I couldn't care less. Damn fool.

I heard the bedroom door open and Apple walked in. She seemed curious but didn't say anything.

"Why would you open the door?" I asked, still riled up from Midsky.

"What?"

"Don't act confused. You shouldn't have opened the door!" I raised my voice. He could have hurt her.

"Are you kidding me? I didn't do anything wrong y/n.." she said calmly.

"If you hadn't opened the door, I wouldn't have had to deal with that!"

"Don't talk to me like that!" She shouted. She just didn't understand how much danger she was in.

"Oh, I'm sure you've heard worse! You're a damn prostitute!" I yelled, immediately regretting it.

"Okay..." she said calmly. Somehow it seemed more threatening. "I've dealt with shit you probably don't even understand and I've come out the other end still kicking. You don't know me and you damn well don't know what I am. You, Mr. jackass, can go to hell,"