Bike Ride

" What are you doing?? Better you stop the bike " said Ramya, annoyed.

Immediately Abhi parked his bike aside and asked her,
" What Ramya?? What happened?? Why do you want me to stop the bike?? We didn't reach the bus"

" It will be better, you go home, I will take an auto" said Ramya and stepped down the bike.

Abhi was sad hearing her refusing to come with him, he asked her, " I know you will not be comfortable with me on a bike. That's why I said "I will ask the driver to drop you". Ramya was shocked.

" Seriously you are unbelievable, when did I say, I'm not comfortable on a bike?? Actually I like bike travel more than car " said Ramya.

Abhi looked on surprised and asked,
" Then why did you stop me??"

" See... If you take me at this 20 kilometre speed definitely, I will catch my college bus this evening while returning back to home. I said I have a test, still you are driving at a tortoise speed. Already we missed the bus in two bus stops" said Ramya, annoyed.

"What are you saying ?? I'm not that bad in driving, I thought to take you safely" said Abhi defended.

" What safety?? Are we going to do any circus or what?? This is a normal bike ride, right?? Like others we can also go at normal speed " said Ramya. Abhi looked on.

" You know ?? you are so... so...boring" said Ramya and moved a few steps away from Abhi. Abhi held her hands to stop her.

"Get on the bike," said Abhi.
"Listen, already I'm getting late. I'm not ready for another tortoise ride" said Ramya teasingly and tried to walk.

" Ramya.... I'm telling you right?? Sit" said Abhi firmly. Ramya was surprised and sat behind him silently.

Within a few minutes Ramya was stunned, she couldn't believe whether it was Abhi or someone else?? He drove so fast, Ramya was scared after sometime, she was scared of falling down.

" Hey....What are you doing?? I'm scared to drive slowly, I may fall down" said Ramya, terrified.

Abhi chuckled and said, " You only asked me, right?? Now enjoy". Ramya was surprised at his naughtiness.

" Hey... There my college bus, go ahead and stop there" said Ramya enthusiastically.

Abhi didn't stop, instead he drives super fast and crossed her college bus, Ramya was puzzled and asked him,
" Didn't you hear me?? Why didn't you stop there, we had crossed the bus. It is right behind us"

" I will drop you in your college, you mocked my driving skill, so I will prove it now" said Abhi calmly.

" Enough of your ride, drop me down. I will go by bus" said Ramya.

" You said you like bike travel, then what's your problem?? enjoy it. I will leave you in college safely. Don't you trust me??" Asked Abhi.

Ramya was stunned for a moment, she couldn't deny his words, so she remained quiet and enjoyed the trip.

Sometimes later she lost her balance and was about to fall down. Suddenly she held his shoulders firmly to save her from falling down.

Ramya felt shy and said, " I...I...was about to fall down, that's why..." Abhi smiled but didn't say a word, he was happy she didn't take her hands back.

Ramya turned back and found out that her college bus was so far from them. She thought he was really driving well, she smiled thinking about teasing him earlier. She enjoyed her first bike ride with him. After 30 minutes they reached her college, Abhi stopped his bike near the gate and Ramya got down.

" So, how was it?? Still boring??" Asked Abhi
" Wow...Super excited, " said Ramya, widening her eyes in excitement. Abhi too joined her and smiled.

" I mocked that you are tortoise speed but you proved me wrong. Sorry..." said Ramya.

" Hey it's ok, I was worried about your safety, that's why I drove slowly. What will I do if you fall down??" Asked Abhi. Ramya admired his caring side.

" Ok... You get in. Anyway we came much earlier than your college bus. Go and prepare for the test. All the best" said Abhi and was about to leave, Ramya stopped him.

" Listen...... Thank you" said Ramya hesitantly. Abhi smiled and said, " It's ok"

Abhi turned his bike and started it,
" Don't worry, " Ramya murmured.
" Did you say anything??" Asked Abhi.

Ramya blinked for a moment,
" I mean next time, you don't worry about me falling down, I won't because... I.. will... I...will... ", Said Ramya shyly, looking at his shoulders and running inside the college. Abhi was puzzled at her behaviour, he didn't understand what she meant. After a moment he left the place confused.

Abhi reached home after sometime, he was on cloud nine thinking about his first bike ride with his wife. Akash and Sowmiya noticed him smiling every time and teased him about that. Abhi gave some excuses and left the place, he tried his best to decode her last words but he failed. Happily we got ready and went to the office.

*****************************************

A group of girls and boys were waiting near the college gate,
" Ramya, who was it dropping you near the gate?? "asked Swetha, Ramya's new friend.

Shyly Ramya said, " He is my husband"

"Wow... We missed to see him. He looks so manly next time you have to introduce us to him, when he comes here" said another girl Aarthi.

Ramya was stunned, she recollected her past experience in college and gulped nervously. She was worried about their reaction and worried about her rude behaviour towards Abhi.

" Hey What?? We just want to see him once, don't worry we won't eat him" said Aarthi and everyone laughed.

Ramya felt embarrassed, she smiled to manage the situation and left the place silently. She was determined to not create such a situation once again.

**************************************

It was her break time, she texted Abhi and asked whether he reached safely. Abhi was in office, he blushed seeing her message, since it was their first chat conversation.

He replied "yes", then she asked him whether he had breakfast?? He texted,
" yes" and asked her about her first test. She said she did well.

Few minutes later he asked her, " Can he pick her up from college this evening??"

Ramya panicked seeing his request. She was worried about her classmates' reaction. What if they tease him?? Or mock her, she didn't want Abhi to get hurt.

She replied, " It's ok, I will come by bus. You have work right, carry on"

Abhi felt sad seeing her reply, he thought she would agree but he was disappointed.
He just replied" Hmm.."

Ramya understood that he was unhappy, she felt bad for hurting him. Within few seconds she texted,
" Tonight can you take me for a bike ride along the beach side?? "

Abhi's eyes twinkle seeing her reply, suddenly he remembered her denial to come with him a few minutes back. He was wondering why she was asking suddenly?? He asked her the same, after few seconds she replied,

" Because, I want to go alone with you, at night time to the beach side" Ramya texted and her cheeks turned pink instantly.

She was shy and waiting for his reply but he didn't reply for sometime. Her classes started, she became restless. Suddenly her mobile vibrated and she took it and read the message without anyone's knowledge.

" Long drive to buy your favourite kulfi "

seeing his reply Ramya's lips extended between both the ears. She blushed immensely thinking about him.

To Be Continued...

***********************************