Chapter 16: Gummy Bears

☼ Elias ☼

Maeve's body is still tucked under my chest when I wake up. Her unruly mass of hair is tied up, yet strands of her bangs fall over her face.

I pull away slightly to give Maeve a little space but she moves with me, pressing her face into my chest. Her lips are as cold as ice.

I grab the end of the blanket and pull it over her shoulder. Maeve's arm loops over my torso, pulling herself impossibly closer to my body.

Heat rushes to my ears when Maeve presses herself against my bulge. I jerk my lower half away and pull the covers over Maeve's head, resting my chin on her blanketed head.

Maeve's petite body squirms up the sheets until her head pops up from the covers onto my pillow, her face facing mine. Her arm no longer sits around my torso, but between our faces, almost like she's defending herself from something. Maeve's nose wrinkles and her face contorts, squeezing her eyes together firmly.

I wrap my hand around Maeve's two clenched fists and push them down, so I could clearly see her face again. I raise my hand and brush Maeve's pouting lips with my thumb, setting my other four fingers on her smooth cheek. She retracts her lips into her mouth like she's tasted something sour. I gently flick her nose and it starts wiggling.

I smirk, oh this is fun.

I lay my hand on Maeve's cheek, covering more than half her face. Her grimace fades and her expressions soften. I graze Maeve's lips once again, tugging her lip just enough to make her pout again. Her inner lips are chewed up, it must be her coping technique for anxiety.

I wonder what her lips taste like.

The door bursts open and I yank my hand away from Maeve's face. "I-I- It was only a few days I swear, I didn't mean to but I messed up really big! Please, Capo, forgive me! I didn't watch her for only three- no- Two days, and now she's gone! I'm sorry!" Evan wails the moment he enters my room.

Startled by the shouting Maeve launches her knee right between my legs, into my balls.

Fuck that hurts.

I've kept my eyes on her the whole time and she's still sleeping, yet she got scared?

He must be talking about Maeve though. I knew he was neglecting his duty, that's why I didn't hear anything about Maeve or suspicious people around her.

I roll over to face the door, revealing Maeve's small frame. Evan's eyes widen in relief and fear at the same time, "get out, or I'll have you carried out in a body bag," I groan out a threat in pain, pulling Maeve into my chest, out of Evan's view.

"Yes, Capo!" Evan squeals, rushing out of the room.

I'll have Marcus deal with him... or maybe Sabrina could beat him up?

I readjust my balls after Maeve's blow, she'd be a good player in soccer.

I grab Maeve's shoulders and I shake her awake. She slaps my hand and nuzzles into me, "Maeve, wake up." I pull her head out of my chest.

"Je vais te couper," Maeve threatens, pulling my arm around herself.
(French- I'll cut you.)

"Fine, I'll let you sleep if you say 'fuck'," I negotiate.