xvi

❝☞✉☜❞

❝☞✉☜❞

Smoke everywhere as I gripped Armin's hand as he continued to tear up while we were inside a rib that Eren had made.

I took out my blades incase of peopattacking Eren as the smoke cleared out revealing the crowd of garrisons that had once again had a more  scared and suprised face.

Above us was the head moving that I'm guessing it's Eren controlling it.

The Garrisons freaked out on what to do as Kitz ordered another wave of cannons.

"What is this?" Eren spoke up as he emerged from the nape.

"I remember up to the cannon fire. Armin spoke who was still shaking from the event."Then there was a tremendous crash, impact and heat. We're in a titan's skeleton right-"

"Eren protected us." Mikasa answered who was beside us "that's all that matters."

"Hey!" Eren's voice spoke as he went up to us despite of the thick smoke. "You guys okay?"

My eyes diverted to the bone beside Eren as it disintegrated.

"Eren, what is this?" Armin asked.

"No idea. But it's evaporating already just like a titan's corpse." He said as the bones were disappearing. "Lets back away a bit. Wether they're figuring out what to do or just distracted, the Garrison can't see what we're doing but in the end, they'll probably continue attacking."

We stood up and went farther away from the Eren's titan corpse.

"I don't have the confidence to talk them down after showing them. It reminded me of something though" Eren said as my eyes widened when he showed the key that dad gave him before the fall of wall Maria. " The basement. The basement of my house. Dad said I'd understand everything if I went there."

Eren's eyes diverted to me as he continued to talk.

"We'll know what secrets will be showed. He's also the one that turned me into this. If we get to that basement, I'll probably learn the truth about the titans. He also said that the memories Y/N lost before she was 9 years old will be found in the basement."

My eyes widened at the news. I placed my palm on my forehead as I realized it.

'Why? Why can't I remember anything from before I was 9. Not even the memory of myself before that. What are those memories? Is it that important for me to know?'

"Why did he kept it all a secret?! The survey corps searched for that information at the cost of thousands of lives! It's mankind's only hope!" Eren began to lean on the evaporating bones of his own titan and began to question everything that happened. "And you're telling me it was locked away in my basement?!"

"Technically, it's dad's basement" I added as he ignored what I said.

"Just what's going through his mind?" Eren asked.