𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐯𝐬 𝐚𝐨𝐛𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐬𝐚𝐢

THE DAY HAD FINALLY CAME

THE DAY HAD FINALLY CAME. after winning against wakutani, its now karasuno vs aoba johsai. "you'll do just fine, okay?" you told your teammates after coach's announcement for the team and they all nodded. "you can do this, now go." mr takeda encouraged and they all went to the court, standing in position.

you and iwaizumi made eye contact from across the room, and you gave him a small smile, to which he returned. the whistle blew and the match started. oikawa's serve was as intimidating as ever, but thankfully, the new karasuno is doing just fine in receiving those serves.

bam! hinata scored a point from the center with his and kageyama's quick attack. and just like that, karasuno won the first set. you welcomed your team to the bench and handed them their bottles while the coach advised them. soon, the whistle was blew again and the numbers on the scoreboard were refreshed for the second set.

you stared at iwaizumi, and he seemed pretty intense and eager. losing the first set must've gotten to them. balls were spiked and served, some missed and some outs. "we're at deuce now." mr takeda spoke. you and coach nodded. "if the team don't pull up, seijoh will win this set." coach ukai said. you stared at the scoreboard and the players, and true enough karasuno was at a disadvantage.

after a while, seijoh won with two consecutive points. their team cheered and karasuno seemed a little down, some of them already panting and sweating excessively. "don't worry too much, play as usual, okay?" coach suggested. the team nodded.

however, they didn't seem that dejected after losing the second set. instead they promised to win this set. "one more nice serve!" daichi shouted at kageyama. kageyama throw the ball mid-air and jumped, before hitting it. he quickly ran back to his spot, waiting for the ball to be spiked from the other side.

hinata ran from one side of the court to the other, then jumped up high as kageyama pinpointed the ball into his hand and he spiked it down with full force. next attack, the team did synchronized attack, including kageyama who joined the offense with nishinoya setting the ball.

you saw oikawa mouthed a fuck under his breath as tanaka hit the ball down with an a straight. pretty quickly, karasuno had already pulled over with two consecutive points, taking the lead from seijoh.

after approximately an hour or more of playing, the game had gotten pretty intense, karasuno was at their match point, while seijoh tried to catch up. the ball went too far away from the court and oikawa ran after it. he pointed at iwaizumi from across the court, and tossed the ball to iwaizumi from the side of the court.

once the ball was set, oikawa fell on his knees, his bad knee. "oh god that's his bad knee." you murmured. coach stared at you a little confused. "oikawa injured his knee, that must've hurt." you said and coach eyed his knee, seeing the knee patch.

you turned your attention back to the match in front of you. the ball spiked by iwaizumi bounced right past him, hitting his side of the court. silence filled the gymnasium as everyone's eyes widened, never expecting karasuno to beat aoba johsai. karasuno cheered and coach along with mr takeda stood up, amazed.