Chapter 14 - Kashmin's Mistake

"Your Highness, your tea" the maid said softly placing the cup on table with some snacks. Kashmin looked at the tea and felt satisfied. She grabbed the cup and took a sip. Yesterday she couldn't attend the birthday feast and recieved a news that Vaibhav is cured but her mother assured her so she felt relieved.

"It's good" she mumbled and smiled "what his majesty doing this days?"

The maid looked at her "these days his majesty and empress seems to come closer. His majesty even visit Rose Palace 3 times a day"

The finger holding the cup suddenly clenched as the smile on Kashmin's face stiffened. His majesty visiting Rose Palace 3 times a day? How come that happened. Is not it said that Manik married just to fulfil the oath of his father?

Clenching her hand she smashed the tea cup on ground. That woman used her power to confine her in Lily Palace then enjoying time with the emperor. Her heart felt hot and her body filled with anger. No, she can't let it happen. If they come closer they might start new life and even consummate the marriage too.

"That woman is too vicious. She is using everything like a chess piece. And his majesty is falling in her trap. What should she do to stop it? She was thinking when suddenly a main ran inside.

"Your highness Empress's maid is here to deliver something"

Kashmin's lips curled with a smirk. Good, it is a good opportunity. She waved her hand and instructed to let the guest in.

Atropa walked inside holding a tray. She saw Kashmin  reading a book.

"Greetings to Princess,my lady instructed to give these herbs to use in food. She is worried that eating Vegan foods might effect so this herbs will help nourishing the body" she said and placing the tray on table before retreating back.

Kashmin looked at her and smile "empress is kind. I will personally thank her after the confinement ends" then she looked at the tea pot on table before looking back at Atropa "since you are here, I would also like to ask you something. You are serving the empress so how much reward do you get often?"

Atropa frowned "I don't need any rewards to serve my lady. It's my responsibility to take care of her every need"

Hearing this Kashmin clenched her fist. A maid think serving is a responsibility towards her master. How many maids had such loyal attitude in the palace. Every maids works to get reward but this maid.. directly refused?

"I am really impressed seeing your attitude. You can see I am a princess and in future my position will be high. Besides I don't have such loyal maid. Why don't I request to empress to let you serve me. Don't worry I will reward you time to time for your satisfaction" Kashmin smiled.

Atropa's face turned cold. She looked at Kashmin for sometimes but did not replied anything. Kashmin took is as agreement then smiled widely.

"Since you are willing, come here and make a cup of tea. I will send someone to request the empress' she waved her hand but Atropa did not moved an inch.

"Forgive this servant Princess but my responsibility is only towards my lady and I do not wish to serve anyone other than my lady. I don't take instructions fr others, it's not my nature" Atropa bowed.

"Impudent" Kashmin get up angrily "you are just a lowly maid but refused my order. Who do you think you are? I am the princess of this Palace and yet you insulting me like this? This is what your master taught you?what did she gave you that made you refusing such good offer?"

Atropa frowned "princess loyalty comes from heart and I don't wish to be loyal other than my lady.  Even if you kill me here I won't agree to your offer"