𝟬𝟬𝟱. SUMMER NIGHTS, 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗌

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒, 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗌( 𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 — 𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘥 )

( 𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 — 𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘥 )

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒, 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗌( 𝗆𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 — 𝘬𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘥 )

Summer nights were arguably some of the best out of the entire year. When the blistering heat died down along with the sunlight and the sky was a mixture of vibrant oranges, deep purples, and rich blues, everything else seemed to fall into perfect place.

The bonfire that had taken place was as lively as ever with mouthwatering meals and cacophonous conversations. It seemed as if the night would never end, and, frankly, nobody wanted it to. But like all good things, even this night had to come to a close.

The crowd steadily began to thin out until it was just you and Thomas laughing obnoxiously in front of the dwindling fire. Originally you'd been sitting at opposite sides of the fire, but after a few generous sips of some wild juice, you were leaning into each other, shoulder to shoulder.

Normally Thomas would get anxious being this close to you. His words would get caught in his throat and his brain was a scattered mess. But this dose of liquid courage had been coursing through his veins long enough to spike his confidence level.

"Well, that's easy for you to say you're good at, like, everything. I get out of breath walking up a flight of stairs." You sighed at his efforts to convince you to join the track team. You had been complaining about your lack of extracurricular activities and Thomas figured he had just the solution.

Only that was a few suggestions ago and you had turned down just about every one of them.

"There's gotta be something you like...what about clubs? You could join the dance club or something!" He turned over to look at you and paused for a moment.

He wasn't sure what exactly had pushed him to say it — maybe you really did leave his brain lovingly scrambled — but just as you were about to reply, he blurted it out.

"Dance with me."

You laugh instinctively at the suggestion, anticipating Thomas to follow suit. It wasn't that you didn't want to; in fact, the thought of slow dancing with the boy made you feel giddy. But whenever he had suggested something of the sort, he'd always take it back. So when you were met with an expectant stare and a small smile, your eyebrows jumped up in shock.

"Oh Tommy, how much have you had to drink?"

He scoffed and threw his hands up in a show of false offense. "I only had like two!" He replied before shooting up and stretching his hands out to grasp your own, "C'mon, don't ya wanna practice with the best dancer here?"

"You are definitely not the best dancer here." You teased, letting him pull you up from the log and walking over to an open space.

He pulled you flush against him with a hand delicately falling on your waist and the other holding onto one of your own.

"Second best, then! See, you'll be helping me practice, too."

You huffed out a small laugh as you both began to rock side-to-side. Thomas made a show of it, at first. He twirled you around, earning a few more laughs from you as he dramatically hummed along.

"Look, you're a natural!" He exclaimed jokingly after one last twirl. Your eyes met his and the way he looked back at you made heat rush to your cheeks and ears. The loving glint that shimmered across his brown eyes was enough to make you nervous.

You hid your face in the crook of his neck and he leaned his cheek against your forehead, softly humming a familiar tune while you swayed back and forth. He moved your arm around his neck so that both his hands rested against your waist. His thumbs drew light circles on the skin under your shirt. The action would've lulled you to sleep at that very moment, had your heart not been thumping so loudly in your chest.

And despite his once confident demeanor, the wicked blush that crept over his cheeks — accompanied by the dreadful "boom clap" rhythm of his own restless heart — was all-telling.

"What are you thinking about?" Your thumb softly smoothed out the crease in between his brows which slightly pulled him out of his trance. His eyes eagerly ran over your face and the world stopped spinning when he finally made eye contact.

Thomas had fallen hopelessly in love without so much as a parachute to help him land, and he wasn't even the least bit afraid.

The mere thought made his liquid courage slither out from underneath him and left him a stuttering mess. "Nothing, it's—I was actually, uh, thinking of...you."

"You were thinking of me?"

"Mhmm," he smiled and moved his hand up to gently hold your cheek, "I'm always thinking of you."

The space between you both suddenly seemed too big. It almost felt suffocating. You subconsciously moved closer until you could feel his breath mingling with yours. The faint aroma of liquor and his cologne only enticed you even closer until you were both only mere inches away.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice was barely above a whisper, if you'd been even just a couple centimeters farther, you wouldn't have been able to hear. Your tongue darted out to wet your lips, directing his gaze to the action.

"You." You whispered back just as quietly. You leaned up hesitantly to touch your lips against his. It was only graze, and it was only for a split second, but he chased the feeling.

He ducked down to capture your lips in a soft kiss. His lips were slowly moving against your own, humming contently into your mouth as your fingers played with the tufts of hair on the back of his head. Vibrant fireworks were going off in both of your chests as his tongue ghosted your bottom lip. Before you could deepen the kiss, he moved back, placing one final delicate peck.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a really good dancer?" The question made him duck his down as he laughed for a second before looking back up to you. He shrugged and had a playful grin on his swollen lips.

"Yeah? Not bad for second-best, huh?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE *·˚

𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗌: *𝖺𝖽𝗆𝗂𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾*
𝗆𝖾: 🥺🤩😌🥰🥵

𝖿𝗎𝗇 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝗍: 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝗀𝗅𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝖼𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝗋𝖺𝖿𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗅𝖾𝖽 "𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗉𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗍," 𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 "𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄" 𝖺𝗇𝖽 "𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄"