XXXVII

Background

Background

The Louventre family was known as one of the five greatest families of Governanti in the country. Arsace, which was the families' homeland, was the most powerful city among the rest. They were recognized as the 'sons of Gods'. Everyone feared and tried to eliminate them, but they were blessed. No one could kill the five families except Gods and themselves.

Every blessed bloodline possed different skills; Louventre which was known as Restabili back in the day had a double life and could resurrect any person. Cronicar was known for seeing the past. Vedere was the opposite of Cronicar, they could see the future. Sergenti was the strongest and used in battles for enemies. Lastly, the Poduri, which was known to be the right hand of the Gods and Goddesses. They could communicate with the higher-ups.

The Arsace was fairly managed by the said families. Everything was done according to Gods' plan until one incident happened that made all blessed people vanished in the land. One of the godly rules of every clan was to not have an affection from someone outside the household to secure the abilities the Gods abide by them, which was Princess Amalia and Knight Rasmus chose to disobey.

Amalia was the princess of Louventre. She got the title for being an only child of the royal bloodline plus her dedication to serving her family and city. Rasmus was the strongest soldier of Arsace, as he killed over a thousand enemies by himself.

It was love at first sight. When their eyes first met, they already knew the flames inside of them burning when they looked at each other longer. They knew it was forbidden to fall in love with different clans but their heart chose not to listen. After that day, the two secretly met in a place where no one could see them.

Unfortunately but expectedly, the Vederes saw the future and told it to the Poduris. The Cronicars strongly sided with them after searching for evidence. The two immediately were parted by the other families. The Louventres did not want it to happen especially after seeing their princess crying while the members forcing her to lock in her room, but they had no choice.

At that time, Amalia was already bearing a child in her womb. By the agreement of the Poduris, they needed to kill either the baby or the princess.

The two could not bear it to occur, so Rasmus decided to kill them all except for Louventres. Even the Vederes did not see it coming. In one night, the family of Sergenti collapsed. Day by day, families were getting abolished. There was a rumor that some of the people evacuated to avoid the massacre.

The fifth day came and Arsace was silent. Air was covered with blood. The sky became dark. The Gods were mad. It happened because of the greediness of the two lovers.

As a punishment, the members of Louventre died from a sudden illness then not having their rebirth. All their lives went to Amalia. The Gods killed Rasmus and stabbed her belly. She saw it a thousand times.