Not a Monster (Alphonse x Chimera?Reader)

(A/N- That picture has nothing to do with the oneshot, but that's my work in progress Alphonse plush. Just thought you guys would want to see it. Anyway, the Chimera? thing will be explained in an author's note mid-story. Enjoy! And thanks for 2k reads!)

Winry and Aunt Pinako were the only ones who knew. Why you always wore a cloak, kept your head covered, and only wore long skirts with pants underneath. It wasn't like you enjoyed doing all these things, you had to. To keep your secret safe from anyone else.

How you wished you could just be yourself. Walk around doing whatever your heart pleased, without people screaming at you. Judging you before they truly got to know you.

Not even the Elric brothers knew. You wanted to tell them the truth, to show your true self. But what if they thought you were a monster? Just like so many others had.

You were a truly kind person, caring about others' welfare far before your own. But all the hurt you had felt piled up over time, making you mostly distant from anyone outside your small circle of friends, and very slow to trust.

Alphonse, however, had always treated you with so much kindness. He never asked why you always wore a cloak, or long skirts. In turn, you never asked why he always wore armor. You two had become very close friends overtime. In fact, you had developed a huge crush on him. But you knew it would never work.

How could anyone ever love a monster?

"(Y/n)? You okay?" Winry interrupted your train of thought. The two of you were waiting at the train station, waiting for the brothers to arrive. For once, Edward had called ahead to inform you guys they were coming home for a little while. You could actually meet them at the station this time!

You glanced over towards Winry, under her own umbrella. Your enhanced hearing easily picked up the sound of the raindrops hitting the umbrella's surface. You smiled a bit, and finally replied.

"Yeah, just thinking about Alphonse." Winry also knew the secret of your crush, and had promised not to tell Al either of your secrets.

Winry gave you a worried look, contemplating how best to respond. At last, she said,"(Y/n), I think you should tell him the truth at some point when he's here. He's different than most people, he'll be okay with it-"

"But what if he isn't?" You darted your (e/c) orbs towards her. "Then I'll lose a both a friend, and someone I love."

She looked at you with understanding."You'll never know how he'll respond unless you tell him."

"I know but," you stopped mid-sentence as you both saw the train pull up. It slowly screeched to a hault, causing the hood of your cloak to shift slightly as your 'ears' went back at the loud noise.

Soon your vision was drawn towards a short blonde boy and a large suit of armor leaving the train. They glanced around, then moved towards the both of you when they caught sight of you.

"Hey Winry, long time no see," Edward said casually as they walked over.

"And whose fault is that!" Winry automatically shouted. And so it begins.

Luckily, you still had your 'ears' folded down, but her shout hurt them a little anyways.

"Winry, please. Not so loud," you pleaded.

She gave you an apolegetic look.

"Sorry (Y/n). Well, let's head home." She turned and started walking back to the house. Ed quickly followed behind her. You and Alphonse, however, remained behind a bit.

"It's nice to see you again, Alphonse," you said, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Yeah, you too (Y/n)," he replied, coming over and giving you a short hug. Then you both started walking back to the house, about 15 feet behind Edward and Winry.