▪︎HOW IS HE GONNA KNOW?

━━━ JEEZ, IT'S FUCKING CROWDED

This had to be one of the busiest days you have ever seen during your stay in RE:LIFE headquarters. Everyone was moving in a rush and it was hard for you to get through, it felt like a busy supermarket on a Saturday and you hated it all with a burning passion. You were pushed around many times by the people who were passing through and just at the moment you were about to drown in the sea of people, a hand grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you towards an empty room.

Your eyes widened as they met with chocolate brown ones you could easily melt into. It was Wilbur who had pulled you away from the crowd, but you were quickly brought back into reality as you saw the frown on his face, looking at the sight of your wrist which had dark bruises on it.

"Who did this to you?" He asked.

The tone of his voice was cold, though you knew it was only a mask to hide the genuine concern he had for you. You quickly broke his hold on your wrist and took a few steps back.

"It wasn't whom, I just..." you stopped to think of an excuse for it, knowing that it wouldn't be so pleasant to tell him the truth. "I just accidentally burnt my hand, that's all," you lied through your teeth, eyes fixated on his, which held a skeptical gaze at you.

"How?" He asked.

You started feeling nervous, maybe a bit intimidated by him, as beads of sweat started forming on your temples. You ended up looking away from his eyes.

"Sir, you know you don't have to know everything, right?" You said, trying to make it sound rather more like a grumble.

Wilbur's expression darkened, clearly upset at what you had said.

"(Y/n), stop being so stubborn and tell me the truth," he demanded.

'Fuck, he's gonna know,' you thought to yourself in a panic.

Your chest tightened and your heart was racing, but just as you were about to speak, Tubbo rushed in and saved you.

"I was the one who burned her hand," he said, "I accidentally used the wrong equipment when we were doing a few check ups."

His eyes looked at Wilbur as if he was telling the truth. The man stayed silent after the young boy's explanation, with an unreadable expression written on his face. Was he surprised? Upset? Disappointed? He barely showed any reaction.

"I'll go take her to the medical room," Tubbo said, quickly dragging you away from Wilbur.

The brunette was awfully quiet and his pace started getting slower as you walked. You were moving farther away from the room and heading closer to what you believe is the medical room. You had to admit, you did feel bad for troubling him.