T W E N T Y-E I G H T

~Prophecy~

When Athea woke, Draco was still asleep next to her with his arm hung around her waist, keeping her close and secure. However, when she shifted to sit up and caught a glimpse of the dark tattoo on his forearm, she was reminded of the event last night. The mark engraved on her skin had her feeling different. She didn't feel like herself, like she was in someone else's body with no control of her actions. She didn't have a choice when it came to becoming a death-eater, and that's what made her feel powerless. There was a tingling sensation where the mark was placed, and she felt as if the skull looking up at her was mocking her for being helpless and weak. Every time she would look down at her arm, she would be reminded of another thing in her life she had no say in.

It was like a battle.

Although, there seemed to be one thing that made that battle more liveable, and that thing was Draco.

Looking back down at him, asleep and peaceful, she smiled and moved some hairs away from his face. He always made sure she was okay, determined to help her an anyway he could - even if sometimes he tried to help her in the wrong way, he did it because he cared.

Sighing, Athea got up from bed and cleared up the deserted clothes from last night, she put them in a pile for the house elves to clean later that day and put her underwear in a separate pile.

Her hands froze for a small second, in her bra, stuffed inside the fabric, she saw a piece of paper sticking out.

The note.

She had completely forgotten about it, too distracted by Flint's appearance, Draco's present, and the Dark Lord's arrival that it had flown past her that someone wanted to give her some type of message.

With nervous hands, she picked up the note and opened it.

Athea,

If I must say so myself, it has been too long since we've seen each other.

These cells can get so lonely at times, so I'd absolutely love for you to come pay me a visit.

I'm sure you miss me too, pet.

Her breath caught in her throat, she read over the note again, and again, and again. The paper became wrinkled in her hands and her body felt frozen in place. Countless memories returned to her thoughts, every time she blinked, she swore she could see a sinister smile facing her.

Nolan. He wanted to see her.

Chills ran over her arms and spine; it was like a spider was crawling over her whole body and immobilising her. Sickness and bile settled in her stomach, leaving her dizzy with uncontrollable nerves. Even with a few words scribbled onto a piece of paper, Nolan could still frighten her. What did he want? Even if she did go, he wouldn't be able to harm her in any way. There would be guards around and Nolan would surely be bounded. Maybe...maybe she should go, to see what he wants.

After another ten minutes of thinking, Athea was getting dressed - ready to head to the ministry. She made sure to prepare her walls, the ones that held her up and stopped her from crumbling.

She had been practicing securing her walls recently, mostly when training with Bellatrix. Athea wasn't sure when she had gained this technique, she rarely used it, only when it was completely necessary. These walls she built up on her mind protected her and her emotions or fear from showing. That's why she would need them today.

"Where are you going?" A sleepy voice asked from the bed. Athea turned around and saw Draco rubbing his eyes and sitting up, the bed sheet fell to his hips.