Chapter 59

~ IMOGEN ~

One month since that weird husband of mine left but it felt like forever. It was so annoying to be so attached to someone and miss them this much.

As he had promised, he called me everyday and I was fully protected but it still felt like torture.

Going to work is so boring now. I was simply the boss/boss' wife, not his secretary, which made me have a lot of work to handle.

I was so bored of staying at home, alone, though Faith and other workers were there, it still felt so boring, so I decided to go on a walk and probably buy groceries if I was interested in doing so. Of course I had about four bodyguards tailing behind me for protection.

I hadn't spoken to Hames today so I decided to give him a call. In the process of taking my phone out of my pant's pocket, I bumped into someone and the phone fell from my hand forcefully so of course it cracked. Good thing I had a rich husband to buy me a new one else I was going to be running around the pavement crying over the loss of a phone.

As I crouched to pick the phone up, I hit my head against the person I had bumped into because he was trying to pick the phone up too.

"I'm so sorry, Imogen. I was lost in thoughts." A familiar masculine voice apologized.

I only paid attention to his face and my gaze met those bold blue eyes that always made it seem like I was a piece of cake he wanted to devour. "Tyler?" I smiled.

"It's so nice to see you again." He picked my phone and stood up straight, handing it to me.

"Thank you. It's really nice to see you too." I tucked a few strands of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, you too."

He wore a grin, staring at me from head to toe. "You look really beautiful."

"Thank you."

"If you don't mind, I was just about to have lunch in a restaurant not far away from here, you can tag along if you'd like to." He half-shrugged.

"Lunch?" I nodded. "Sounds nice. I'm actually very less busy and bored today and was also going to eat, so it's fine.

"Great!" He grinned.

Suddenly, I was reluctant whether or not to have lunch with him but it wasn't such a bad thing anyway. What could go wrong in having lunch with someone like a friend?

We left for a nearby restaurant. I was convincing myself that it wasn't a date with him because it definitely wasn't.

We ordered our meal and chatted while we ate.

My phone was ringing endlessly. It was obviously Hames calling but my phone's screen had been destroyed and I was unable to answer or decline the call. Believe me, it was damn frustrating.

"Is anything the problem?"

"No." I forced a smile at him and we resumed eating and chatting. He told a lot of jokes that made me laugh. I hadn't laughed so hard in a really long time.

After eating, we sat for a while to make our food settle in our stomach, still chatting.

My phone didn't stop ringing. Hames surely wasn't ready to give up on calling me.

"You won't answer your phone call, it's been ringing for hours."

"Hours? Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Just answer the call, I'm not a disturbance." He said with a lopsided grin.

"It's Hames, I'll call him later."

"Why? Are you having a fight?"

"No, not at all, or maybe. He's calling but I can't answer the call because someone bumped into me and caused my phone's destruction." I said with a playful roll of my eyes.

"You bumped into me too. Sorry about that anyway."

"No, it's fine." I rose to my feet. "I should get going now."

"I was just about to leave too." He rose to his feet. "My car is quite far, I was taking a walk."

"I was also taking a walk and my car is also quite far."

"We can resume our walk to our cars."

"Sure, no problem." At least I had someone to keep me company.

We decided to take a walk, a very quiet one, with my bodyguards walking a couple of feet away from us as I had instructed.

"So... your husband isn't in the country right now?" He broke the silence.

I drew my eyes in askance. "How do you know?"

"Through work. Our company was supposed to hold a meeting with him but he said he's in Dubai. You must be missing him a lot."

"Yeah..." I chuckled.

He stopped in his tracks and I stopped too, wondering why he stopped. "Is there a problem?"

He smirked. "Why don't you just take the opportunity of him not being around and have a little fun." His eyes were filled with a weird emotion I couldn't describe.

"Uh?"

Before I could say anything else, I felt his arm around my waist and his lips crashed against mine.

His kiss was surprisingly good but of course not as good as Hames'. Hames! I quickly pushed Tyler away and gave him a hard slap on the face. My bodyguards started running towards me.

"Are you mad?!" I barked, my blood was boiling with anger.

"What? It's really not such a bad thing. From what I know, Hames will still be away for a month, you would be frustrated. There's no crime or harm in having a little fun with someone else." He winked.

I clenched my fists and wanted to hit him in the face but one of the bodyguards stopped me.

"Ma'am, please don't create a scene. Don't draw attention, you're a celebrity's wife."

"Have fun with you?" I scoffed. "You're calling me a slut, uh?"

He only rolled his eyes. "Stop being so dramatic about it, you should understand better. I know your rushed marriage is all a lie and you deserve more than that son of a bitch."

I gasped and wanted to slap him, hit him, break his head or anything I could do to harm him but my bodyguard ushered me into my car. "We'll take care of him." The bodyguard said and the driver started driving it immediately.

I swear I was going to beat that man up the next time I ever saw him.

How dare he call my marriage between Hames a lie? What gave him the right to do that?

Hames was definitely going to kill me or Tyler if he ever found out. How could I have been so stupid to go on a date with that idiot manwhore? He had the audacity to call my precious Hames a son of a bitch?!

I was going to explode from anger right now.

From henceforth, I was staying away from every man like Tyler.