Science Lovers

You walked through the lab on a fine Sunday morning. Coffee in hand as you entered your little chemistry sect within the large facility. It wasn't much, but it was honest and good work. You were developing some vaccines, ways to advance the medical community forward by a long shot. Just anything you could do to help out the people of your country. You tinkered here and there, and at the end of the day, this was the most legal thing you could do.

You had given up on being a pro hero a long time ago. You applied to get into UA, but failed. You just barely missed it as well. While that did slap your self-esteem in the face and knock you down to the ground, you slowly rebuilt yourself back up and got ready for high school. You found your passion in chemistry there and pursued it in college. You pushed yourself to your limits and in doing so, were able to earn your Ph.D. within a reasonable time frame.

Now, ten years later, you did dab your toes into the fields of heroics. Of course, not in the way you expected. No, you didn't get to be a pro hero. Rather, you ended up marrying one. And hey, it was oh so worth it. Your wife was the pro hero Froppy and together, your life mission was to save lives the best way you could. So, when you got into the lab today, you began to work, gathering your experiments and going to do your thing.

After a recent plague in Europe, you began to go over some of the Plasma donated by those infected to try and find a workable vaccine. As your objective of the day began, so did the mass amounts of work flow. And it seemed like only a few minutes you were working, but when you yawned and decided to take a break for the day, it was well over 8 hours later. You yawned and grabbed your lunch, same old same old, and went back to work about 2 hours later.

And like every single day at work, you had finished late into the evening and made the quick drive back to your home. The house was pretty relaxing as is. So, when you got home, you smiled as you saw your wife on the couch watching the news. She smiled at you as you walked in.

Tsuyu: there you are. I was getting a little worried.

(Y/N): No need to worry about me.

Tsuyu: Long day, huh?

(Y/N): You could say that. I spent nearly 14 hours in that lab today. I mean, I love what I do, but sometimes...man. Can it be a real pain.

Tsuyu: I understand that.

You smiled at her and leaned down. You pecked her on the forehead and walked into the kitchen. When you did move around your counter, Tsuyu perked around looked back at you.

Tsuyu: Dinner should be in the microwave. You may need to heat it up first.

(Y/N): Gotcha. Thanks.

You did as directed and placed everything you needed for food along the table and heated up the microwave. As you were getting things ready, you pushed the fridge close and walked out into the kitchen and back at Tsuyu.

(Y/N): Some of the guys at work were talking about that drug bust you did today.

Tsuyu: Oh you heard about that one?

(Y/N): Yeah. Came on during lunch. That was crazy.

Tsuyu: Yeah. We were tracking those guys for 6 months. Finally caught them with their pants down.

(Y/N): That's great. I'm glad you came out alright more than anything else.

Tsuyu: Yeah. But what about you? How was work today?

(Y/N): Oh, same old same old. Some test runs here, mixing of plasmas there. Honestly, it gets pretty boring after a while. But hey, it can be fun sometimes too. It just gets a little boring after a while.

Tsuyu: Well, have you ever thought about a vacation? You have been working nonstop since we got back from the honeymoon.

(Y/N): Nah. I can't dip out now. I need to do this work. It's like you and heroics. If all of a sudden the number 40 pro hero disappeared, people are going to know about it.

Tsuyu: Number 40 does not equate to the top 10.

(Y/N): Well, to me, you are number 1 so what do you want me to do there.

Tsuyu turned back to you and gave you a deadpanned look. You smiled at her and took a bite out of your ramen. She shook her head and smiled as she laid back down on the couch. You laughed a little before going back to your food. After a few moments, you walked back over to her and sat down beside her. You laid down and she shifted herself over and laid down onto your chest. You sighed and wrapped your arms around her.

(Y/N): So, have you considered a vacation.

Tsuyu: I think we both know the answer to that.

You chuckled again and kissed onto her cheek. She turned up to you and smiled again.

Tsuyu: I have another big mission coming up.

(Y/N): What's up this time?

Tsuyu: Nothing too bad. Just doing minor investigation work. You remember the Shie Hassaiki, right?

(Y/N): Of course. You talked about them quite often.

Tsuyu: Something like that. Just trying to take down some standard crime ring. It should be easy. The raid itself won't happen for a few weeks. Just going to working on the investigation more than anything.

(Y/N): Well, that feels me with hope.

Tsuyu: It should. Don't worry about it.

(Y/N): I won't then.

Tsuyu laughed a little and shifted around in your arms and laid down her head on your chest. You placed your head over her hair and kissed her head once again.

(Y/N): I love nights like these.

Tsuyu: I do too. Really.

(Y/N): I know. I love you.

Tsuyu: I love you too.

You both kissed one another again. But...love can't save you in battle. About 2 months later, you were standing next to the grave of your wife. Across from her are her siblings and parents. A somber tone is filled across the room. One of Tsu's friends paid her respects and walked up to you. She placed her hand on your shoulder and you looked at her. You looked at her and saw her grief within her eyes.

Uraraka: I'm so sorry. She spoke very highly of you at work.

(Y/N): Same with me and the lab.

You sighed again and glanced away. Tsu's old coworker nodded and stepped to the side. Some of her other friends talked to you and offered up condolences. And while it was nice, you opted to stay silent for most of the funeral. Once it was over, again her friends offered to take the burden off, even some of your own friends from the lab, but you brushed them aside. You were alright. I mean, you were married to the number 40 pro hero. You could handle anything. So, when you got home, you walked into your empty house, closed the door, and screamed.

You yelled out to no end. The pain all just came crashing in at once. You bent over, tears flowing from your eyes as you cried out. She was gone...and damn it did it hurt so much.