30

Draco Malfoy

"You and Theodore did what?!"

Pansy sighed and held a hand through her hair. "I regret it already." She mumbled. Blaise snorted and twirled in frustration. "What about Granger?" I asked. "We got into this fight.. I wasn't thinking, but I realize now that I really like her." Pansy mumbled softly. She let herself fall on the couch. Blaise and I both remained silent as we watched Pansy bury her face in her knees. She exhaled. "It's like I was trying to prove something to myself. I don't even understand.." Pansy muttered. Blaise frowned. "You tried to prove to yourself that you wanted it, weren't you?" They asked as they went to sit next to Pansy. She looked up to them. "Yeah.. how'd you know?" She asked. Blaise hesitated. "I- er.. I looked up some common reactions to rape.. this is one of them." They muttered. Pansy looked away, sighed and buried her face in her knees again.

I sat down next to her too and placed my head on her shoulder. We sat there for a while. Suddenly we heard a girl's voice call. "Pansy? Can you come out here for a second?" Granger asked. Pansy looked up. "Are you going to tell her?" Blaise asked. Pansy hesitated. "Do you think I should?" Pansy asked as a response. Blaise and I made eye contact. "I don't know, honey." I said. Pansy sighed. "I should go." She mumbled. She got up and walked through the portrait hole, leaving us alone. I turned to Blaise. "Should we do something?" I asked. Blaise shrugged. "I'm all for leaving her alone to deal with things, but she's making bad decisions." They said. I nodded. "She hasn't even gone to the hospital wing." I added. "She didn't?!" I shook my head. "So what are we gonna do? Force her into therapy?" Blaise asked. I grinned. "That sounds violent as hell," I said. Blaise sighed. "Maybe we should though. She probably needs it." I mumbled. "She's gonna hate us." "Yep."

Pansy Parkinson

"Hey.."

"Hi." Hermione said. There was an awkward silence. "I um... I had two things I wanted to talk about." Hermione said softly. I nodded, not looking away from the floor. Hermione sighed. "About our fight.. I'm really, really sorry.." Hermione mumbled. I looked up. Hermione stood with her arms crossed, looking down at her feet. "I was in a terrible mood, but I know that's not an excuse. I yelled at you and I shouldn't have." Hermione continued. She looked up to me. It looked like she genuinely was sorry. "I know you don't like it when people raise their voice at you.. and I didn't mean anything I said. I really like you, Pansy, and I don't want to mess this up." I looked back at the floor. All this made me feel even worse. She's so amazing and kind... what have I done? I ruined everything.

"So.. can we go back to the way things were?" Hermione asked. I smiled my best fake smile and nodded. "That was one perfect apology." I grinned. Hermione chuckled. "I know, I'm great with words." She said. another awkward silence hit us as we were both lost in our own thoughts. Should I tell her about Theo? It feels like I should.. but it could ruin everything. It will ruin everything. Will she find out if I don't tell her? Only Draco, Blaise, Theo and I know about it. But what if she finds out? That'll be even worse then if I tell her... This time I was the one to break the silence. "What was the other thing you.. wanted to talk to me about?" I asked softly. "Right, it's about the case." Hermione replied. I raised an eyebrow. "It turns out that the lead CSI doesn't exist." Hermione said. I frowned. "What does that mean?" I asked. "It means someone inside the Aurors office tampered with the files. Someone in there is an accomplice to your friend's kidnapping," Hermione explained. "We can't trust them..." she added.

I remained silent. I could barely even process what Hermione had just told me, I was so occupied by something else.. "so now I have good news and bad news.. the good news is-" "Hermione wait a second." I interrupted her. Hermione looked up to me in confusion. She's so perfect. I can't believe I ruined it. I exhaled, mentally preparing myself.

"I slept with Theodore."