Chapter 61

"Uh… I don't know." I chuckled nervously.

"Why do you sound so nervous?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Mom, it's okay. We can't be certain she's pregnant. And if she is, I'm sure it's my child, right Imogen?" He asked and I nodded.

"You should definitely do a pregnancy test to confirm if she's pregnant because if she's not then it's probably a serious illness. I'll take my leave."

"Wait!" I rose to my feet. "What do you mean by you'll be a grandmother again?" I only heard that clearly. "As far as I know, Hames is your only child."

"Oh, he hasn't told you?" She glanced at him.

"No, he hasn't told me anything." I held her arms. "What is he supposed to tell me that he hasn't? What's going on?"

They shared a glance at each other again then burst into laughter. "Calm down. Hames isn't my only child. He has a sister."

"A dog, Mom."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "And she has had a lot of puppies." She clarified and I sighed in relief.

"I can't believe my baby is having a baby." Hames wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my tummy.

"You can't be certain. If she's three months pregnant, she should be having a bump already but still nothing. Just go to the hospital for a test. I'm running late. Goodbye." She stared at me suspiciously before taking her leave.

"That probably explains the mood swings you've been having."

"You know she thinks I cheated on you, right?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"So what?" He turned me to face him, still keeping his arms around my waist. "I'm sure you didn't cheat on me, I trust you. You shouldn't care about others. We'll go for a pregnancy test when you're ready."

"I can't be pregnant, it makes no sense."

"Why not? You don't want to have my children?"

"No, I… I don't know… I…"

He frowned, letting go of me. "So you really don't want to bear our children,"

"I… I'm so confused. Let's just take this test then we'll know whether or not I'm pregnant."

"She doesn't want to have my child." He scoffed and walked away.

"You said it yourself, I didn't."

***

"I'm so nervous." I rubbed my sweaty palms together.

"Why?"

"I really don't know. Many reasons."

"Let's just wait for the results. There's nothing to be scared about at all."

The door opened and the middle-aged Doctor strolled in with a straight face that increased my nervousness.

"Hey, Doctor. Do you have the results?" Hames asked.

"Yes, I do." She raised the envelope and sauntered to us, taking out what I assumed was the test reports, from the envelope. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Hendrix, you're 14 weeks pregnant." She smiled.

"14 weeks?!" He grinned, pulling the woman into a hug. "Thank you so much for giving us this news, Doctor Kate."

She giggled. "I'm so happy for you."

"I'm still confused."

"Of course you'll be." He rolled his eyes. "What's so hard to understand that we'll be parents in 6 months? You don't look happy."