𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦

TEARS WERE EVIDENT ON everyone's cheeks, as the scoreboard showed the score between karasuno and shiratorizawa

TEARS WERE EVIDENT ON everyone's cheeks, as the scoreboard showed the score between karasuno and shiratorizawa. after five long sets of receiving ushijima's strong serves and spikes, karasuno finally won. as impossible as it sounds, karasuno actually won against shiratorizawa.

tears fell down your cheeks as you watched them pulled each other into a group hug. you approached tsukishima who had injured his fingers from blocking ushijima's spike. "hey, your hand doing okay?" you asked. he rolled his eyes at you and turned away. "it'll be fine soon." he shrugged.

hinata ran over to you and you quickly gave him a hug. "congrats shoyo! you proved him right, i'm so proud of you." you smiled at him. "thank you, y/n- san for always believing in us." he said, showing off his signature grin. "of course. you're my teammates, and you're all strong." you patted his back and he ran back to annoy kageyama.

you packed up everything and everyone left the gymnasium, walking over to the bus. the ride back was peaceful, all the boys had fallen asleep after a tiring match. you couldn't be any prouder of them. after a while, the bus finally stopped in front of a restaurant.

"wake up boys! time for a feast." coach ukai clapped his hands and the boys stood up, dragging their feet out of the bus. they entered the store coach had booked for us. the food was being served to the table, but the boys were practically asleep while sitting down.

"i could've sworn i've seen kids doing what they're doing right now." coach mumbled. "i'm so happy!" mr takeda suddenly yelped for the fourth time. you and coach ukai sighed. you slowly shake each of the boys' shoulders, waking them up.

they quickly sit up properly and start eating their meal. they thanked the coach and mr takeda.

they finished the food and coach went to make a payment. everyone waited outside and they seemed really motivated. "let's go, we'll have a meeting when we get back." coach ukai said and clasp his hands together.

the ride back to school was pretty quiet and chill. the bus stopped at karasuno high school in no time and you hopped off the bus. you and the rest of the team head to the gym, trailing behind coach ukai's back.

"so nationals is in a month, that means you guys can collect yourself and improve your play steadily, okay?" his voice echoed through the empty gym. "yes, coach." everyone said in sync. "great, and do not forget about the school festival next week, okay? make sure you participate." mr takeda reminded. "yes, sensei."

you and everyone else left the gym, yawning and stretching their arms out in the air as they walked. "i'm so tired." you slumped. "imagine us." sugawara laughed. "heck, daichi, noya, are your arms okay? you both received a whole lot of ushijima's spikes." you asked. "yeah, they'll get better." daichi shrugged.

"i'm called the guardian of karasuno for a reason! this is no big deal at all!" nishinoya puffed his chest in pride. you giggled. "alright then. i'll get going first." you excused yourself and walked in the opposite direction, followed by kageyama behind you.

you glanced at the tall setter next to you and saw his worried expression. "something bothering you, tobio?" you questioned. he stiffened for a moment but then relaxed.

"uhm, yeah. i was thinking of how kunimi did his best to save the ball yesterday... when we played together, he never seemed that hardworking at all..." he voiced out. you didn't know what to tell him, he was right after all. even during practice matches, he never seemed to care about volleyball.

"i guess they just hate me... they love oikawa- san, everybody does." he simply stated. your eyes softened and you heard how vulnerable he sounded. you placed a hand on his shoulder. "tobio, it doesn't matter if they hate you. you're in karasuno now. we're a team, like a family. and we love you and accept you no matter what, okay?" you told him, your voice gentle.

his eyes widened, a little taken aback. he had never thought of it that way. he had always thought that he was unlikable, and there were some truth to that, but everyone on the team do adore him. you both stopped in front of your house and you waved bye to him.

he suddenly bowed in front of you and said, "thank you, y/n- san." before running straight ahead to his house. you smiled at the freshman and shook your head.