Chapter 35

Ryder's POV

It was the second time in my life that I felt so light and so strong. His blood fueled me unlike any other and his taste was more than enough to quench my never ending thirst.

After drinking from him last night, I helped him wash and dressed the wound on his neck with a bandage. I noticed that he heals faster than a regular human and the puncture that I made on his neck the first time I fed from him was gone in just 2 days.

I told him to rest and prepared him some food and chocolate to replenish his strength. I cleared some shelves in my closet to put his clothes in, and something warm struck my chest when I saw his stuff filling my room.

He immediately fell asleep after eating and I watched him the whole time because my body was so alive to close my eyes.

"How's the married life going?" Kayne asked the next morning when he bumped into me during our day off. We were given the weekends to rest.

"You look better." He threw an arm over my shoulders and I gave him a side glance.

"Yeah, I'm well fed." I replied and he jumped away to look at me with wide open eyes. I snorted and shook my head.

"Hell, that was fast! You really are weak for Liam, bro." He chuckled and I didn't try to deny his statement because it was true.

"Be glad that it went well. Because if it didn't, I would've killed you by now." Even though my mouth was smiling, my eyes had a different expression.

"Well, thank God that it did." He patted my shoulder and offered an apologetic gaze for being the one who put the idea into Liam's head.

We saw Natalie on our way to the gate, and she was looking at something or someone from afar with a smile on her face.

She noticed us approaching and she nodded her head, still leaning against the smooth ivory wall that surrounds the wide garden.

We all watched in awe as Liam tended to the flowers with a small and pleasant smile on his face. I could hear him humming from afar and he carried such a peaceful ambiance wherever he went.

Chris was out sooner than expected and he hang back but still followed Liam from a distance.

"He's like a real life Disney princess." Natalie said and chuckled in amusement when Liam sneezed.

"But with a dick."

The both of us slowly and irritatingly turned our heads to Kayne who looked at us with innocent eyes.

"Really?" Natalie made a face and responded in her most dull and uninterested tone.

"What?" He shrugged and raised his hands in the air.

"You know what? Just- Just go." Natalie pushed herself against the wall and shoved Kayne towards the opposite direction.

They started to bicker and their little commotion went unnoticed by Liam who looked at our location.

He smiled and waved his hands before telling something to the vampire who was originally tasked to water the flowers.

He jogged towards us and I couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of me. He was so pure and so warm that even the sun bestowed him its rays.

"Hi." He beamed at us and sheepishly waved his hand when he noticed that the three of us were looking at him.

"You do know that there's someone responsible for watering the garden, right?" Natalie elbowed Kayne in the gut before smiling at Liam.