Bonus 1

"I got you a gift." Grace said as she rocked with Toby in the rocking chair. There was a part of her that knew why she got this for him. A part of her that was aware of the meaning.

Toby looked up at her sucking on his pacifier as his head rested against her arm. He picked up his arm and place his chubby fingers against her cheek.

Grace reached onto the table grabbing the small sloth. "This is a sloth. Let's name him." She looked at the toy. "Let's name him slow."

Toby reached out taking the sloth before hugging it close.

The sloth wasn't just a toy it was a parting gift. But the small boy had no idea.

-

Slow went everywhere with Toby. Either sitting with him in his carseat, cuddled in the crib, sitting on the table as he ate, hanging by the arm from his mouth as he crawled around.

The day Grace left Toby spent all day in his play pen clutching the toy as it was the only thing that soothed him.

"I'm home." Schlatt said placing his coat on the hook.

Toby got up crying. "DADA!" He called letting slow fall to the ground.

-

Slow became Toby's comfort item after the trauma he faced at the age of one.

Everytime schlatt left the boy with Philza slow had to be in his arms.

Over the years it had gotten better not quite to the point where he wouldn't fuss but enough that he could be left with a sitter.

When he was older slow wasn't needed as much.

But slow always had a place on the shelf and in his heart.