【10】

𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫, an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm

𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫, an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm. This feeling was not anything new to me, I have experienced it many times in past.

Whether it was the fear of being left alone or the fear of being attacked while walking alone during the night or maybe the fear of losing a loved one, I knew all of them very well and after that accident, I thought I was finally aware of the fear of being killed and dying but now seeing three inhuman creatures together who can easily rip me to shreds, made me realize how wrong I actually was.

Before their penetrating gaze could fall on me, I quickly hid myself behind a wall and tried to calm my heart down which was beating at an incredible speed due to the sudden appearance of those fiends. Despite being a good few feet away from them I was still able to hear their conversation as there are no words such as quiet in Ayato and Subaru Sakamaki's vocabulary.

Both of them are so unnecessarily loud even while having a normal conversation, I am quite surprised that they have not been scouted yet for singing in opera, but then again who knows both of them might just be tone deaf. Peeking from behind the wall I tried to comprehend what exactly was going on.

"Tch its your fault why we got a detention" Ayato replied in an annoyed tone looking straight at Subaru with a scowl.

"Hah?!! My fault?!! It was because of you that we got into the mess. Who told you to give me an exploding can of coke ?! My whole uniform became sticky and drenched because of your stupid idea !!" Subaru shouted grabbing Ayato's collar, wishing that he can just choke him to death.

Clearly infuriated by this, Ayato too grabbed Subaru by his collar. "It was Laito's idea to prank you not mine and its not like you got hurt or something. It was just a harmless joke but your sorry ass couldn't take it and threw a whole damn table at us !!!"

Both the half brothers were glaring daggers at each other, not willing to back down from this staring competition. I could easily feel the thick tension between them which would most likely escalate to a serious fight if nobody steps in.

"Now now, as much as I would like to see you two kill each other, I don't think it is a good time. Reiji is probably waiting for us at the gate and knowing how he is, if we don't hurry up we will get much more than a scolding." Laito stepped between them trying to ease the tension which surprisingly worked as both of them stopped their intense staring at each other and looked away with an evident frown.

"Tch, that tableware-otaku always gets on my nerves. He should have just left us and gone home, its not like we are kids that don't know how to get home on their own"

"I don't know about others but you are certainly one. Don't you remember what you did last time we got a detention?! Because of you, I had to listen to his exasperating lecture for hours and even my knife was taken away" Subaru once again started glaring at the said red head.