Apart Yet Together | Amyra_hayes

BLURB:

BLURB:

"Maybe we were together in distance but apart at hearts." I whispered my eyes fixed at the brown ones, trying to figure him one last time before whatever we had fell apart.

***

Eliana Parker, a twenty five year old medical resident, who had a seemingly perfect life but she had been through a lot. From the pain of losing her parents to the constant struggles of life, Hannah stumbled across her strength.

Asher Anderson, twenty seven year old surgeon who had it all -money, family, grades but he lacked contentment. An event in his life changed him from his coolest version to his coldest version.

It is said that, 'Maybe, if you can't get someone out of your head they were never meant to leave. Perhaps, they were meant to help change you into the person you have been waiting to become.'

But what happens when two souls encounter each other again but one of them is adamant on breaking the other to the extent that, maybe the change that it evoked was bad for them?

***

YOUR COVER: (8/10) Your cover is simple and organized. The image used hints at the genre (romance) and the title is eye catching and fits with the cover. The "together" of the title is hard to see because it blends in a bit with the background, but that's just me being nitpicky. The image used is also a pretty safe option for a story in the romance genre. Keep in mind that many writers use an image with silhouettes of a couple kissing or embracing and layer the title on top of that. Since you're using a pretty similar structure, it may resemble covers of other stories, so you might have competition with your story when readers compare story covers. If you ever decide to replace your cover in the future, I suggest using a cover that may be surprising or unconventional for a romance story (but still fits in the genre). That way, your story will stand out.

YOUR TITLE: (5/10) I'll admit I'm a bit iffy on the title. This title, "Apart Yet Together," could apply to so many other stories, and not just in the romance genre. It's not very memorable or unique, and it has an obvious connection with your story. Is there a deeper theme running through the story that relates to the title? You can keep it as it is, but I also suggest finding a title that isn't as conspicuous and can be interpreted in different ways. A great title makes readers become excited when they reach the end of the story and finally realize the meaning of the title. This title probably won't do that, as the meaning is pretty evident from the start.

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) I noticed several grammatical errors right from the start of your blurb. For example, you had misplaced commas, comma splices, (un)necessary filler words, and tense slip-ups. A grammatically correct version of your blurb would be: