~4~

It was the night before the 1st of September which would be her first day in her 5th year at Hogwarts

It was the night before the 1st of September which would be her first day in her 5th year at Hogwarts. In her 3rd year, her father remarried a woman called Carina who was from the Gaunt family.

She had a pointed chin with dark, shiny hair. Her jaw was as sharp as a knife and she was exceptionally tall. Her grey eyes were cold and empty and her lips were constantly painted a blood-red colour.

Asteria awkwardly sat at the long dining room which had her father and stepmother at each end. In front of her was a plate of Sunday dinner but it was never as good as her mother's.

In addition, Cepheus had broken his promise to his past wife and had gotten a house-elf to do all the chores. Asteria was ordered to never speak to them so she didn't even know their name.

"May I be dismissed?" She asked as she looked down at her plate. "You've barely eaten anything!" Cepheus exclaimed as he saw her hardly touched the plate. "Look at her, she can do with skipping a few meals." Carina spat which made her look over and glare at her. "Fine." He sighed which made her nod as she got up and pushed her chair under the table.

Then she walked out of the back door and into the garden and, right at the back, was where her mother's tombstone was. She'd spend most nights sat by it, often complaining about something her father or stepmother had done.

In front of the small gravestone was a lavender plant where her wedding ring had been buried. Although it was late August, the purple flowers were still blooming and Asteria took great pride in caring for the plant which was her mother's favourite flower.

Just then, she heard the sound of footsteps on the grass behind her but she didn't look around. "She's dead Asteria. Get over it." She recognised the voice as her horrid stepmother.  "Go do something productive like clean yourself up." She then ordered which made Asteria roll her eyes before getting up and heading back into the manor with Carina following close behind.

-☘︎︎-

The next day was the 1st of September so Asteria got changed into her uniform so she didn't have to get dressed on the train which she hated with a passion. But when she reached the stairs her father saw her.

"Go back up there and get changed. I don't want to be reminded of that tie." He ordered which made her huff as she slumped over and dragged her feet back to her room where she got changed into a jumper which she had knitted herself as her father refused to buy her any new clothes.

Asteria still had the same warm brown curly hair and dark eyes. She had a small button nose and her cheeks were constantly rosy with freckles scattered across them. In addition, earlier that summer she did her own septum piercing which they patronised her for.

She then walked back down the stairs with her luggage in hand. "And take that stupid piercing out. What are you? A bull?" Catrina ordered which made her roll her eyes but luckily they didn't see because her head was down so she could take out the septum piercing.

-☘︎︎-

The "family" of three reached the platform just as the ruby red train rolled in, its brake hissing loudly. Soon enough, they stopped to send her on her way. "We expect you at Christmas," Cepheus announced to his daughter who nodded. "And remember, there will be serious consequences if I find you're getting in trouble." He added.

"Yes, father," Asteria replied with a slight nod before he shooed her off and she boarded the train. The train was filled with running students and shouts, including the infamous laughs of the Marauders.

The Marauders were a group of 4 boys in Gryffindor who thought they owned the school. She didn't have too much of an opinion on Remus and Peter however, Sirius and James were a different matter.

As she had known Sirius since they were children, he had used stories of her childhood as an insult to her. And James Potter was the most arrogant and big-headed person she had ever met.

His ego was boosted every day by his fan group of students who worshiped him like he was some kind of god.

When she approached the compartment which the boys sat in, she stopped and leaned on the doorway. "Black," She called out which caught the dark-haired boy's attention. "Parkinson." He replied sternly with squinted eyes.

"What do you want? Daddy kicked you out yet?" He asked with a pouted bottom lip before chuckling. "No, but I heard that's what happened to you." She replied as she crossed her arms. "I'm gonna guess you don't know where Reg is then." She replied as she hit the doorway to leave but she overheard something which made her smirk.

"Did you remember to bring my book back?" The shortest boy, Peter, asked the dark-haired boy who shook his head. "Shit, sorry Pete." He replied. "I'm not surprised he can't remember things. His parents are cousins. There have to be some consequences." Asteria said which made Sirius scowl but James had to cover his mouth to hide his laughs. "James, you're a pure-blood too," Remus said when he finally glanced up from the book he was reading.

The messy-haired boy suddenly stopped laughing and huffed, slumping in his seat. "Asteria!" She looked over to see who called her and it was Regulus who was maneuvering around the younger years. "I don't see why you don't just push through them." The Hufflepuff said to the Slytherin boy who rolled his eyes.

That was when he noticed his older brother. "Reg I-" Sirius started to speak as he got up out of his seat but Regulus grabbed Asteria's arm and dragged her away from the compartment.

"Fuck sake." She muttered when she noticed the Gang of Slytherins. This gang included the most well-known Slytherins at Hogwarts including Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Black, Evan Rosier, and Severus Snape.

"Here comes the disgrace." Evan Rosier called out when he saw the Hufflepuff girl. She bit her bottom lip and clenched her fist which Lucius noticed but he didn't feel threatened. Instead, he started to chuckle. "She won't do anything about it. Hufflepuffs are people pleasers." The blond boy smiled maliciously.

This comment made the rest of them cackle until she pulled her arm back and threw it forward, punching Lucius in the nose which made him stumble back and cover his nose. "Am I a people pleaser now Malfoy?" She asked with a smirk which made them all scowl before Regulus dragged her away and into an empty compartment.