Disquieting//48

Disquieting: Inducing feelings of anxiety or worry.
—————————————————

Again?

It's normal to feel stressed when cops are after you. Although, Jack didn't really feel anything about the fact that he could be caught – because he wasn't going to be. The slight worry plaguing his mind wasn't because of them, not even because of (Y/N). This time, he felt the presence of something unnerving.

Fortunately for him, he knew who, or rather what that presence was. Frankly his skin still ached at the thought of the wounds those claws made on him back then. Normally, he would be pissed at the fact that The Rake had the audacity to roam around his forest again, but it was different now.

"You know how risqué this whole ordeal can be, right?"

"I am aware, but It won't hurt to try." Jack said, turning to the small boy that levitated above his table.

"Man, when I said I owe you, I didn't think you'd ask me to transport a dead body through a TV screen."

Jack sighed, "I can't ask Jeff. Rake has a sharp sense of smell and is incredibly fast. Knowing that maniac, he'd try and bring the body bloody – which would result in his death."

"Which makes me the perfect candidate huh?"

"Exactly. I'd be gone by March 13th, on a Monday afternoon. You need to bring the body in, leave a wound when I give you the signal and leave immediately. Is that okay, Ben?"

The blonde chuckled while looking at his own bruised hands in amusement. Jack despised asking for favors, especially when he knew that he'd have to return the favor. This one, luckily for him, wasn't to be returned. 

"Yeah, yeah – but how do you know the exact day the cops would raid this place?"

Jack kept forgetting that the elf in front of him is much older than he is - the only difference being that he wasn't stuck in a body of a twelve year old boy. He didn't know much about Ben, only that he had drowned and had a gigantic type of knowledge on technology. However, judging by the body he was in - it appeared that he died young.

What a shame.

"A source of mine."

The fact that the Rake was back made Jack develop a plan in which he'd no longer have to be bothered with the police. Of course, the plan sounded stupid, but if he plays his cards right – it might just work. The only thing that was important to him is that Ben doesn't mess up, even if there's a very small, almost nonexistent chance that he would.

"Okay then. You've got the chip – when the time is right, press it and that'll be my signal."

"Alright."

He made the right choice in choosing Ben to help him - he needed someone who'd be flexible enough and easy to focus on things. With Jeff, the plan would fail. With anybody else, it would probably be much harder to make it.

"Oh and Jack?"

The boy spared him a glance, his red irises burning a hole through the eyeless man's head.

"What?"

"I know it's your plan, but... Try not to fuck it up - I don't want to do this again."

He never got to respond to his little statement, for he was already halfway through the screen, leaving. Jack never understood how the elf managed to go through the screen so easily. Not like he necessarily cared, it just felt weird to see. He had a feeling that (Y/N) would be impressed to see Ben defying physics - Fortunately for me and unfortunately for her, she will never get the chance to meet him.

Looking over at the clock that hanged from his wall, the time ticked 9PM which was his que to go and collect the Saturday letter. Their exchange of letters brought back memories, even though it hasn't been that long since they've exchanged their last letter before meeting.

From prey to a lover, she definitely wasn't a person you'd see everyday. Jack was aware that (Y/N) could've outsmarted him at any point, given the fact that sometimes she'd lie and her heartbeat wouldn't change at all. He felt like she had him wrapped around her finger, but he didn't mind.

Jack knew that (Y/N) would be worried as soon as she'd hear the news about the coordinates he had left, but he couldn't really tell her the plan. Not only would she probably eat herself alive knowing, it would also be a challenge to write the letter as a diary entry.

He caught on her idea of making the letters look like diary pages – if anyone found them, they'd probably think that some teenager is just messing around.

The man wondered how she was doing, considering that they haven't been able to talk to each other properly. The whole code thing they had going on made it difficult to tell one another the basic things. He wished he could tell her that he did miss her presence, but he was sure she knew that already.

Reading her letter, he had to stifle a chuckle. Jack could sense her pettiness through the paper itself, making it hard to focus on writing a response. It's going to be unfortunate for her though, because he wasn't going to tell her anything about the plan.

An explanation would arrive when they finally see each other, he concluded. For now, he needs her to stay in the dark about everything because if she doesn't, he'll have to deal with her theories and worries that just weren't needed.

His response was short, something that would calm her down and make her think that nothing significant was happening. Come to think of it, he was sure that she would be surprised to see him soon.

Leaving the letter behind, he began sprinting towards his cabin, ready to prepare for what's to come tomorrow.

—————————————————
Hi! Here's a chapter that's shorter than usual, I was a little busy while writing so I didn't really pay attention to the word count lol. There is only a few more chapters left folks, so starting from now, I won't be doing double chapters because I don't wanna rush it. That's all, I'll be seeing you on Sunday, have a great day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!