はち- Eight

After they finished their meal and Aizawa payed for it all, the duo left the café

After they finished their meal and Aizawa payed for it all, the duo left the café. Y/n was happy they could catch up and after a long time she was finally enjoying being back.

Now they were roaming through the streets. It was starting to get dark, the sun having set minutes before, so the horizon had a thin remnant of orange and yellow hues which changed slowly to a light blue and then the dark blue of the night sky. It spread above their heads like a silk blanket with tiny shining dots appearing here and there.

"So, it's already getting dark. I guess it's better if I go since tomorrow classes start." Y/n said when they happened to pass by an underground station. "Thank you for everything, Shota. I really mean it."

She gave him a closed eye smile as he stopped walking, facing her.

"Where are you staying? I'll accompany you."

The girl looked at him wide eyed and shook her head repeatedly.

"No, no! You don't have to! It is a bit far and I don't want to be a burden anymore..."

"Yamero. (Shush.)" he immediately cut her off. "It won't be a bother."

Y/n sighed.

"I still haven't found a place to live so I'm staying at a cheap hotel... It's a bit far but it was the best I could find..." she answered a little bit embarrassed.

"You're staying... At a cheap hotel?" he echoed with a frown.

"Yeah..you know... My enrollment at U.A was a bit sudden and I came to Musutafu only today and...well...I didn't exactly had time to rent a place." she touched her neck in an embarrassed gesture.

It was Aizawa's turn to sigh. Not that he expected anything different. From the story she had told him at the café, he concluded her original intention wasn't to resume her studies at U.A. At least not so soon. And knowing Y/n, he knew she wouldn't have a plan formulated.

"Forget the hotel, you're coming with me." he changed direction, going back.

"What? B-but where..?"

"You're staying with me." he explained without stopping.

Y/n blinked a few times.

"Eeehhh?! B-but Shota..!"

"My home is closer to U.A and I don't mind you staying. You will also have the whole place for yourself since most of the time I'll be out working." he continued talking in a monotone voice without minding her protests.

"But..."

"Think of it as an extended sleep over." the male finally stopped and looked at the girl over his shoulder. "You've always wanted me to go to one of yours, haven't you?"

She stared at him, remembering how she used to invite the boys to sleep over at her house. Hizashi and Shirakumo always agreed, however, Aizawa was the one who always turned down her invitations. He used to say it was troublesome and didn't see a good reason to do that since they already saw each other every day at school. So he was never present much to Y/n's disappointment.