||7||

This girl decided to return.  She's done with this chapter. This chapter is dedicated to the following:

My ward, Deborah.  Happy 12th birthday in arrears.  I love you.

▪︎My B, CoderWrites. Happy birthday to you. Sorry for not wishing on time.

▪︎All my Wattpad followers, Happy New Month.

▪︎And everyone born this month. God bless you. Wishing you the best of the month.

______

"Auntie good evening," I greeted Chioma's mom, aunt Monica. She was my mom's best friend and was like my second mother. They had been roommates during their university days.

"Ebenezer, my child, how are you?" She asked.  "You haven't visited for a while.  I hope all is well." She hugged me.  I nodded. "Your parents are fine?"

"Yes, ma."

"Mom, good evening. " Jordan and Chioma came in. Aunt Monica nodded at them.

"Ebenezer, tell Emerald that you will be eating dinner with us tonight." I had already informed my mom. I was working on a project with Jordan so I would come back later than usual.

"Okay, ma."

I turned to leave. I walked upstairs to Jordan's room and knocked on his door.  He opened it, standing there with folded arms. "Are you working together with me or should I do it then you sign?"

He scoffed.  "I'd rather do it, then you sign." I rolled my eyes.

"When are we starting?"

"Whenever you want, whenever you need..." He walked into his room while using the tune of Montero to speak. Stupid. Working on projects with Jordan was somewhat annoying because he couldn't stand me most times. And neither could I. But I liked it as it would make work easier and faster.

I followed him into his room and to his balcony. I sat down on a chair and pulled out my laptop from my backpack. Jordan also brought out his laptop too. "Microsoft PowerPoint," I told him. "And Excel." That was what the Commerce teacher said we should use.

"Yeah yeah. Let's get this over with, shall we? I don't want you in my room," Jordan said.

"It's not like I wanted to be here in the first place. " I retorted.

~

I walked into Chioma's room when she told me to. She was lying on her bed with her phone in hand.  "What's up?" I sat on her bed.

"Nothing much. Just playing Candy Crush."

"And the game is making you this focused?" I still wonder why some people enjoy playing this game. I moved into the bed and sat beside her.

"Biko help me. It's ultra-hard level." She gave me her phone and I lay beside her.  I breathed out before trying to focus on the game. Lying beside her made me quite uncomfortable because I was having certain problems males usually have. A turn-on.

(A/N: Konji)

I swallowed hard before completing that level and three more. I gave her back her phone. "I'm not playing anymore," she said.  "Let's play another game."

"Chess?" I suggested and I received a deadpan look.

"Seriously?" She threw a pillow at me. I picked one of hers and threw it back at her. "You-" Chioma stood on her bed and threw another pillow.  Fine. She had declared war, and war it shall be.

"Pillow fight!" I grabbed two pillows and threw them on her face.

"Ugh, Eben!" She tried to hit me but I dodged it being careful not to break my glasses.  Suddenly she lunged at me and  I felt myself fall back on her bed.  She, on top of me. She was straddling my hips while I was holding her waist. Our faces were also very close.

'Kiss her,' a tiny voice in my head said. 'Use this moment to show her that she is more than just your friend.'  Right?

'Don't do something you'll regret. She may push you away.' Another voice said.  I stared at Chioma.  I put some loose braids behind her ears while in deep thought. My turn on was also becoming worse. I wanted her. Chioma's hands which were on my chest reached out and she removed my glasses. Everything because somewhat blurred. I couldn't see without them.

"Chioma," I called out and she feigned innocence. 

"What?" She put them back on.

"You're pretty," I said pecking her face. Pecks between us weren't something new. We saw it as normal as hugging or shaking hands so she wouldn't read meaning to my action.  She threw her head back and laughed.

"Thanks, E-" her words were interrupted by the sudden opening of the door.  Jordan stood there wearing a not-so-happy expression. 

"Ebenezer, " He growled. I lifted Chioma off me and came down from the bed. I came out of the room while closing the door behind me. Jordan pinned me to the wall while holding my collar. "Don't you ever think of doing shit to my sister."

Do shit? As far as Chioma doesn't permit me to do shit I would never.  Though I sometimes wanted to. I didn't want to hurt her. I smirked at Jordan's angry face.

***

Buchi

I was left to complete the rest of our project. Ebenezer was done with his part. I scanned through the charts he made and nodded approvingly. I had to admit that he was excellent at whatever he was good at. He was a worthy opponent...except at face value. Chioma always said I was more handsome so I was more handsome.

But Ebenezer was a handsome guy too. He had  girls flocking him everywhere. Half of half of the girls in our school either liked him or me. I'm talking about girls from JSS1. Even some girls in our rival school, Sofony High, though I think they like me because I'm related to a legend. I has so many options to choose from so I selected the ones I liked and played.

Ebenezer was different.  He had eyes for my sister,  ever since we were kids. I think she's his obsession. I had always known he had a crush on Chioma. After a few years, his feelings became more than a crush. After puberty struck, I noticed that he looked at her like a man would look at a woman. He'd look like he wanted to take her to his bed. I never liked that look and had threatened to break his nose. He should never know this but I admired his devotion, though Chioma would never like him back.

***

How did you like this chapter? Please Comment, Vote and Share. Thank you. 

BlueRose