What Brings You Here?

Damon pov.

I gently shut the door and walked through the house and to my office.

I opened the door and shut it before collapsing onto the couch.

Ugh.

Work. Delilah. Work. Delilah. Work. Delilah.

It's painful because I can't take a break from work. And I can't be with Delilah at the same time.

I still have to deal with the bitch in the basement and the man that's also down there.

I need to kill Shannon and the man in there and save Audrey.

I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

"Hey. It's me Damon. I need your help..."

...

"Uhm, with finishing the job. You know what I mean. But it'll be quick."

...

"That's fine, yes."

...

"Okay see you in a few alright?"

...

I ended the call and put my phone down. I pulled my shirt off and opened my drawer.

My silver knife was sitting in the middle.

I picked it up and slipped it into my jean pocket.

A knock at the door made me look up. I got up and went to the office door and opened it. Empty. I rushed to the front door and opened it.

Delilah's dad?

"Hello. What brings you here?" I asked and held the door open. He stepped in and went to the living room.

"May I sit?" He asked.

"Sure," I responded. We both sat down.

"I heard that Delilah's been sick. I want to see her, if that's okay with you." Her dad said.

We sat in silence for a moment before I said anything. "Yeah. You can see her. But I advise staying in the room with her because I do have some business to take care of." I said and stood up.

"Mr Daniel, thanks for stopping by, Delilah really needs someone other than me right now." I said. Daniel turned and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't worry about it. I'll give her some love." He said and let go.

I nodded and went for the basement.

Before I went down, I listened for the door. I heard it open and a gasp.

The door creaked as I opened it, I could hear heavy breathing. As I took each step, the knife in my pocket became heavier and heavier.

When I finally reached the bottom, I pushed a small red button to alert my guards. Within a few seconds of me waiting, they came down.