SEVENTEEN

"You should be taking me to this stupid party instead of that irrelevant one

"You should be taking me to this stupid party instead of that irrelevant one." I try to choke back a laugh as Jesse laid underneath me caressing my thighs, his thumbs rubbing soothing circles on them. I was straddling him, my legs resting on either side of his hips in nothing but my bra and underwear.

My hair was fully done, my makeup was done and my outfit was sitting in my closet waiting to be worn. However, Jesse had come over...for literally no reason but he convinced me that I should stop getting ready so we could fool around, yet all we've been doing is talking about literally anything that came to mind.

Carter was supposed to be picking me up in fifteen minutes now. Yet here I was not wanting to leave the house anymore.

"I couldn't even bring you if I wanted to," I say as I rub his arms absentmindedly looking at the tattoos that are there using my acrylics to trace over them, "The only guest I'm allowed to bring is someone that works with me."

He scoffs, "You don't even need to be going with him in the first place. He tricked you into going as his date with his annoying ass smile, and his annoying ass corny pick-up lines that I just know he has because he looks like the type, and his annoying ass face attached to his annoying ass body--"

I cut him off with another laugh, "Tell me how you really feel, Jesse." I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes

"If you'd stop cutting me off then I would," he says seriously using his finger to pick at the waistband of my underwear.

I don't know if it's jail or that he truly doesn't like Carter but Jesse is the king of conspiracies when it comes to finding reasons to dislike him, "He did not trick me. We would've ended up going together anyway because we were both invited."

"He's just trying to get into your pants tonight." he grips my thighs tighter when I try to lift myself off of him, which causes me to stay where I am because it was a match that I wasn't going to win with the death grip he has on me.

I shrug, "And if he is?" I raise an eyebrow and I watch as Jesse's face turns into a scowl as he looks back at me in shock.

"For his sake, I hope you're joking." I move my hands to rest by his head, caging him in as I'm still straddling him, lowering my head to kiss his forehead. I feel his hand move off of my thighs to rest on my ass.

"Jesse, I am joking." I giggle," I don't know why you suggested that I date you both if it's going to be that much of a problem for you."

"When I said you should date him, I didn't think you'd have the balls to go ahead and do it. I thought you'd pick me right then." he shakes his head, pursing his lips, "Jail changed you, Karma."

I start to snicker quietly, "Let's not forget who did the time."

"Let's not forget you're the reason why I did the time." he's quick to retort, "Yet here I am. Practically a sister-wife and competing with a man who takes pictures and types in an office all day for a living." he sniffles and pretends to wipe his eyes free of tears