Chapter 1: Battle Flame (part 1)

Ten winced along with the others in the room as the Ombra king shoved everything on his desk aside

Ten winced along with the others in the room as the Ombra king shoved everything on his desk aside. It was clear that he was angry as he paced around his study, hands on his hips.

"I told them not to respond!" The King exclaimed, clearly stressed. "I told them to ask for a truce to keep the peace between the realms. Why did they retaliate when they weren't ready?"

"I think it was a panic response." Ten heard Rosa mumble from beside him. Ten nudged her, knowing that the comment would only make the King even more angry.

Thankfully, the King seemed to be in his own world as he continued to walk around, making the others uneasy. Ten noticed Grace poke her other brother, Mark taking a deep breath before speaking.

"Father, what should we do? I know we want peace but Feu and Ombra have been allies." Mark asked.

Despite the steadiness in his voice, it was clear that Mark was mortified, worried about what his father would call for.

"I know, that's why it's so frustrating. They know we've been trying to keep peace, heck I even paid Taeyong a visit yesterday." The King sighed, tugging the strands of his thinning grey hair.

Eventually, he must have come to his senses, turning to the group.

"All of you, go prepare for battle. We'll be heading to Feu shortly with our troops to support the fire realm."

They all nodded their heads, bowing to the King before exiting his study to prepare for the long battle ahead of them.

....

Jeno stood on the edge of the cliff, peering down below. He was in his battle gear, a long sword in his hand, while his vare was hidden underneath. The last thing he wanted was his powers to fail him, so he needed to make sure that his vare was secure.

Beneath him, the people of his realm had begun their attack.  A part of him felt guilty but there was nothing he could do now.

"I thought Jaemin spoke to you." Jisung.

"You know we have a battle to fight, right?" Jeno said, turning around. Despite the fact that he was bigger, Jisung was slightly taller and right now, the younger male did not seem amused.

"Maybe we wouldn't be here if you actually followed through with what Jaemin told you." Jisung pointed out.

Don't fight him. Jeno told himself. He doesn't get it and no one ever will.

"If this ends up being a mess, just know that this was your fault." Jisung said before turning to walk away.

His words had left their mark on Jeno though, and Jeno couldn't help but aggressively tug Jisung back around by his collar. "Just so you know, it wasn't that easy.

"Huh?" Jisung seemed surprised as Jeno released him with a light shove.

"I can't just go and talk my father out of this, once he has his mind set, you don't go and change it. It's been like this when I was younger, when he wouldn't let me eat until I could split the log he wanted me to. The whole village came to tell him to stop and that I was too young to be going through all that but did he listen? No! Because he doesn't listen! And he never will! You know what he does to people that don't like to listen? He kills them, which is why we're here now, helping my father seek out this unreasonable revenge. So if you understood and were in my position then you would shut your mouth and stay quiet too."