Chapter 1: Battle Flame (part 2)

It was at times like this when Haesoo wished that Feu had more trees

It was at times like this when Haesoo wished that Feu had more trees. As one of the scouts, she was hiding between forms of rock and starting fires in hopes of keeping her presence hidden.

At least this is better than fighting some smelly men, Haesoo thought to herself as she pressed her back against the stone, waiting for the sounds of Erde's soldiers walking past her to fade away.

She closed her eyes for a moment, thinking back to before this battle had begun.

Jaehyun proposed to me.

Haesoo looked down at the ring on her finger, reminded of her lover. She couldn't help but smile at the thought, her heart beginning to flutter.

She put her hand down, placing it against the rock. She froze when the sound of her ring meeting the rock echoed around her, and knew that the people of Erde must have heard it too.

I'm messed up. Dammit!

"Did you hear that?" A male voice from behind her asked.

Haesoo looked around, desperate to find a route to escape but there was no way she could leave without encountering a group of soldiers.

She looked up at the large rock she was against, and figured her best option was up.

Here goes nothing.

Haesoo took her knife out, gripping it tightly as she turned around, beginning to climb using the parts jutting out and cracks within it. She tried not to focus on the sounds of people nearing her, knowing she only had seconds to spare.

She must have miscalculated though, as soon she felt a hand wrap around her ankle, a snicker following. "Found you."

That hand soon became a few others, and Haesoo screamed as she was yanked down from her position, falling towards the Erde soldiers that had found her.

Haesoo naturally reached for her vare, the ruby necklace around her neck that would give her the power she needed.

Another hand reached it first, forcefully pulling it off her neck. No!

Haesoo closed her eyes the second she saw the fist appeared, turning away in hopes that it would lessen the pain she was about to feel.

...

This is a waste, Grace thought as she opened her fist, a deep purple orb with the black smoke of shadows inside. She gritted her teeth as ground beneath her began to shake, quickly opening up a gap that was waiting to swallow her up.

She threw the orb in the direction of the enemy before gripping onto the ledge right as she lost balance, falling into the abyss. I guess having earth powers isn't that useless.

Grace pulled herself up as others began falling in around her, dodging the bodies. She needed to focus on herself and her own life, knowing that it was too early for her death to come.