Chapter 2

Jin POV:

"I would like to wear a white gown for the ceremony then change into the hanbok after the ceremony is complete," Mi-suk said as she looked down at the magazine in front of her. "I want a more modern style wedding then we can do all the other stuff later."

Jeong Bong Cha, Mi-suk's mother, gave my bride to be a look of frustration. "But sweetie, I've already spoke to the hall about the ceremony. I thought we agreed on a traditional ceremony."

Mi-suk shrugged her shoulders. "I changed my mind. I want a modern wedding and I want to wear a white gown."

Bong Cha went to protest and I knew it was partly because of the cost of the dress. Mi-suk's parents, Bong Cha and Ha-ru, were not the wealthiest people in the world so I knew their concern had more to do with money than their daughter deciding to go against a traditional ceremony. Placing a hand on Bong Cha's wrist, I gave her a reassuring smile. "It is alright. I would like to cover the cost of Mi-suk's gown. She can choose the one she wants and I'm sure it will be lovely."

Mi-suk gave me a smile, one that she used when she got her way. "See? Even Seokjin agrees with me. Now, instead of having the ceremony at a hall, I want it at the Grand Hyatt in Seoul. It's beautiful and perfect for the idea I have in mind." Mi-suk picked up her phone and scrolled looking for something. She slid the phone across the table to her mother. "This is what I want."

Bong Cha's eyes widened in surprise. "Um... that... that is quite extravagant. It is much more than we had planned on."

Crossing her arms, Mi-suk's lips turned down into a frown. "But this is what I want. I don't want some small ceremony in some tiny little hall. I wanted a fancy modern wedding. I'm your only child. Don't you think I deserve it?"

Surprised by Mi-suk's tone with her parents, I once again stepped in. "If this is the place you want then I will take care of it." Although I would have preferred a more traditional ceremony, I wasn't going to let the conversation become a battle. I knew Mi-suk well enough to know that I would never win.

Bong Cha turned towards me, shaking her head in protest. "No Seokjin. You're already offering to pay for her gown. You can't pay for this as well. It's too much."

Mi-suk stomped her foot under the table and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at her childish display. "Mother, Seokjin makes a lot of money. Him paying for this is nothing."

Although Mi-suk was right, I hated the way she phrased it. Yes. I did make a lot of money, but it was only because I worked so hard. Between me and the other members, we had earned our place at the top. When we first debuted in 2013, we had performed in front of crowds of less than 200, but now we play to sell out stadiums all over the world. Just last year, in 2022, we took home not one, but two Grammy Awards for Song of the Year and Album of the Year. It was a nice surprise after we had lost the previous year, something our ARMY was not happy about. They threatened to boycott the Grammy's from now on, making us laugh at their unswerving devotion and loyalty.

Although the wedding was still several months away, scheduled for the end of the year, Mi-suk had insisted on meeting with her parents and I to discuss details. I looked around Aria, the restaurant Mi-suk had chosen. Since it was still early in the day, the restaurant was sparse, but I knew it would fill quickly. It was one of the nicest restaurants in Seoul and one of Mi-suk's favorite places to go. I turned my attention back to the conversation.

"It's alright. Mi-suk is correct. I can take care of it. It is not a problem." I tried to keep my tone polite and make sure Bong Cha knew I was okay with it at the same time. Although this marriage was arranged, I did want the respect of Mi-suk's parents.