Seventeen

" Shit, Damian!" I screamed, " At least knock!" I had just woken up from a nightmare and was trying to compose myself. It was another dream with the Joker and the boys. It was horrible, they were being beaten and they were scared and hurting. Damian was beaten so bad, he looked nothing like the boy that was in front of me now.

" You need to work on your senses." Damian leaned on the wall.

" I saw you the first time." I offered.

He looked around my apartment, " This is sad."

I slumped on the mattress, " Hey, I'm working on it. Maybe I'm minimalistic? But why are you even here?"

" I need your first aid kit." He stumbled over to the mattress but tripped. In a flash, I was over there and held him steady.

" Damian?" I almost snarled. I led him over to the mattress and pushed him down. Slipping off his cape and his shirt, I see that his wound opened up and tore more, " Didn't I say I didn't want to stitch anyone up?"

Damian didn't say anything but averted his eyes. I lightly pushed on his shoulders to keep him down. Then walked over to the cabinet to get the kit. "Since you were being a reckless idiot, I have to stitch it up. Since your underage and I'm not a doctor, I don't have any pain medicine. So it's gonna hurt."

" Do you even have alcohol?" Damian asked in his usual bratty tone.

" I'm underage."

" That's not an answer."

I smirked but didn't say anything. I began to prep the needle and then sterilize the wound. I only knew how to do this because camp started teaching a class for quests when you run out of nectar or ambrosia.

" So, where's Bruce. Does he know where you are?" After I warn him, I start stitching him up.

He winced, scrunching his nose, " He got called to deal with the league. He's on a mission."

" Why aren't you there?" I asked, just trying to distract him from the pain.

" It's not safe for me. Tch. It's a stupid reason."

" So how did you open this?" I bit my lip as Damian winces, " I'm sorry."

" Father had sent me home but I found an attempted robbery." Damian explained.

I sighed, knowing that I can get him in trouble since he was helping someone. I half hoped for him to trip on a sidewalk so I could scold him. " The league of assassins, what's that? Jay said something about that."

I listen as Damian explains the league. He would stop every now and then to wince or suck in a breathe. He also explained his mother and Grandfather, Ra's al Ghul. Someone was after the league so his other sent him to live with Bruce. Then decided to stay.

By the time I was done, he had finished his story. I made sure I had stitched it up tight and cleaned it again. I put a bandage on it like I had done earlier then wrapped his whole chest, " Also, just so we're clear, no patrol until this is fully healed up."

" Tch. Jackson, I am-"

" No. no patrol. I will tell Bruce about it. But until then, I'll call you a ride since your not walking." I stood up and pulled out my phone, " Hey, Dick? The little one's over here. He needs a ride home."

" I'm not little, Jackson." Damian growled.

" Just go to sleep." I rolled my eyes, Dami seriously needs to learn how to take a joke, " So can you come pick him up?"

" I'm almost done with my shift. After that it's a forty minute drive, but sure." Dick informed, " I get out in an hour or so."

" Okay, thanks." I smiled and hung up the phone, " So, we never really talked about why you followed me in the fist place."