Chapter 25 - Downpour Sets the Fire Ablaze

"...you can come down now." Jin Ling felt exhausted.

After scaring Wei Wuxian into leaping inside his husband's arms, Jin Ling had to order a disciple to send his dog, Fairy away back to Lanling Jin. Even after the dog left the scene, Wei Wuxian still stayed cooped up in his husband's arms. It was like he didn't know when to stop.

Wei Wuxian's arms tightened around Lan Zhan's body, squeezing like a paranoid child.

Meanwhile, Lan Zhan found himself tightening his hold around his lover.

At Wei Wuxian's frightened appearance, Jin Ling truly felt apologetic. He thought it'd be a good idea to bring Fairy for a walk outside. He never expected to bump into Wei Wuxian, and even worse, scare him. Guilt welled at his chest for a long time.

"The dog's gone, Wei-xiong." Xie Lian comforted.

Wei Wuxian stayed in his husband's arms. Truth be told, he wanted to show off to his nephew a little, so he didn't move from the spot.

"Stop sitting on your high horse and get down here." Luo Binghe spat. His words were cruel, but his meaning was sincere.

Wei Wuxian shook his head. "No way! I want to stay with Lan Zhan!"

Hearing those shameless words of his, the tip of Lan Zhan's ears began to redden.

"If he wants, he can stay up there." Shen Qingqiu huffed. "More importantly," He turned towards the tanghulu shopkeeper, who was dumbfounded on the spot. "You can leave and find your wife now. Try some of the tactics we've... demonstrated to you."

The tanghulu shopkeeper nodded gratefully. He hurried away, with the figure of his back disappearing into the rainy and dissipating horizon.

Who knows whether or not he'll reconcile with his wife tonight.

Slowly, the three couples (and Jin Ling) turned to look at each other. They shrugged, then all joined together to open their mouths and say something-

Suddenly, Shen Qingqiu beat them to it first.

Who knew what he saw, but panic and disconcertment flooded his expression. "Look over there!" He pointed a slender finger at a direction.

The others followed where he pointed. Then, they shared the same expression of panic.

Far away, into the nearby woods was a fire.

However, what was scary about it was... the colour roared of an unconcealed blue. The fire was blue, and possessed a scorching heat to even defy the boundaries of nature! It was raining, but the blue fire did not diminish at any rate. Instead, the blue fire began to spread!

This blue fire definitely wasn't normal! This fire... should be the work of a cultivator! An especially strong cultivator, at that.

A solemn expression played on Wei Wuxian's face. He leaped out from his husband's arms (to Lan Zhan's disappointment).

"It's not too close to Lotus Pier." Wei Wuxian calculated, "However, it is in Yunmeng Jiang." His eyes thinned dangerously. "Lan Zhan and I will check what's going on."

Shen Qingqiu pulled Luo Binghe's arms, "We're going with you."

"Us too." Xie Lian piped in, standing beside Hua Cheng.

Feeling motivated, Jin Ling chirped, "I'm going as well-"

"No, you aren't." Wei Wuxian interrupted. He didn't let Jin Ling participate for one reason—the enemy that they'll be facing is strong. To be able to ignite a blue fire that won't extinguish even in the heavy rain... that amount of strength the enemy possesses... is superb.