Chapter 5: The Final Battle (part 3)

Why are there so many of them? Sona wondered as she took a deep breath before throwing her arms out

Why are there so many of them? Sona wondered as she took a deep breath before throwing her arms out. Immediately, frost began covering the ground, freezing the troops that had been running towards her.

She took a deep breath, taking a small break. The last move had tired her out, and she needed time to regain her energy again.

Unfortunately, the troops she had frozen were soon covered by fire, completely undoing everything Sona had just done. She could only stare with her mouth open, watching as the enemy began to move again.

"Well that was boring." Haechan said from beside her, making Sona snap out of her trance.

"Boring? It would have been better if you just left it!" Sona yelled at him, furious. "That was so unnecessary!"

"Hm, I don't think so." Haechan said, crossing his arms. "I think freezing our enemy is useless. Are we here to fight or watch frozen statues? Sorry love, but if you wanted the second option, you should have gone to a museum."

"Ugh, you're such a pain." Sona muttered as she stretched her fingers out, shards of ice quickly appearing by her sides. That's when she noticed that the people she was going to fight were now spazzing, their bodies giving up on them from the quick and drastic temperature change.

"Ah, now that's the entertainment I was looking for." Haechan chucked, before reaching out, taking Sona's hand, pulling her away. "Now come on, let's have some fun somewhere else."

...

Disappointment. That was what Eunhye felt as she saw her brother approaching her from the other side of the water.

Taeil had been right, the enemy had decided to attack Aria. Thankfully, they had evacuated the realm in time, but now, a great battle was upon the lands.

And her brother was standing on the wrong side of it.

"I can take him if you want." Jaemin said, adjusting the black dagger on his belt, making sure it was secured in place. "You don't have to fight your brother."

"I'll be fine." Eunhye told her boyfriend, staring into Taeil's eyes. "Brother or not, he's on the other side. That means he's the enemy, and I'll kill every last one of them if I have to."

"Do whatever you want." Jaemin said, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. "I'll be here supporting you."

"Thanks, Jaem." Eunhye said, before stepping into the water. As she approached her brother, the water rose to the sides, emptying a path straight to him.

Fancy.

As Eunhye continued making her way towards Taeil, she noticed the walls of the sea around her shifting, until it reached a point where they were enclosed, Jaemin and the rest of the people on Taeil's side gone from her sight.