Chapter 33

"What were you even thinking?" Li Zhao let her down from his embrace and question her raising his tone.

"I just wanted to prove to you that I did not work with Empress Yi." Xu Ling Ai stuttered a bit. She is anxious whenever he is around.

"This lord misunderstood you. I apologise." Li Zhao make an apology but it was too soft that Xu Ling Ai barely heard it.

"What?" Xu Ling Ai pretending not to hear him.

"I won't say it twice." Li Zhao sternly respond.

Xu Ling Ai suddenly let out a laugh. It because of Li Zhao's awkwardness. She is so sure that he rarely say sorry.

"Ouch!" She laugh so hard that her neck feel hurt. Xu Ling Ai touch her neck and it was swollen.

"Let's visit a physician."

"It will eventually get better." Xu Ling Ai respond. She then walked towards the lifeless vampire body.

"Your Highness, how do you know a stake could kill a vampire?" She curiously asked.

"How do you know it's a vampire?" Li Zhao question her back.

"Of course I know! I've read and watch a lot of it before." Xu Ling Ai exclaimed. She wasn't expecting for a vampire to exist in ancient era.

"Where?"

"Ugh the material is no more here, I accidentally lost it." Xu Ling Ai made up a lie.

She bend down and pick some of his blood to make some research.

"Look! It means this vampire is not a natural born vampire." Xu Ling Ai pointed out at the blood reaction to silver.

"Natural born?" Li Zhao question.

"Yes. A natural born vampire had similar blood colour as this man but natural born vampire do not have poison in themselves. Also natural vampire suck blood and this man do not. He only intend to kill people. Which means he is a human being made vampire." Xu Ling Ai explained.

"Suck blood?" Li Zhao again shocked by the revelation.

He himself got poisoned by the illness. But he never once feel the need to suck blood. And he never will.

"Yes. Why are you so shock?" She oddly look at him.

"How do you know that natural born vampire exist?"

"Movies obviously." Rolling her eyes,

"What is movies?" Xu Ling Ai laugh at his confuse reaction. He literally look like a child waiting for an answer.

"Xu Ling Ai are you alright?" It was Li Zhi Ming running towards their direction.

She was about to tease Li Zhao but a few people arrived at the scene. Including Li Jun Yi who also manage the case.

"Fortunately, His Highness save me on the right time or my heart would probably will be rip out." Xu Ling Ai scoffs pointed at the corpse.

Li Zhi Ming and Li Jun Yi notice the bruise on her neck but they couldn't point it out with Li Zhao on her side.

"Why did you kill him? How do we catch the mastermind now?" Li Jun Yi angrily question looking at the lifeless body.

"Even if we catch him alive, we won't be able to hold him for too long." Xu Ling Ai defend her husband.

According to his high ability of martial arts, he would be able to catch the man alive.

She don't know why Li Zhao kill the man but she don't care because he saved her. Also the fact that the man is a vampire who kill people will harm everyone.