26. The Truth

Adelpha's Pov:

As I walked into the main doors of hogwarts I was immediately met with a worried looking Dumbledore.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice raspy with old age.

I shook my head 'no'. He nodded his head in understanding and grabbed my bags and lead me to the infirmary. They stripped me of my make up and gently took my clothes off as they looked at the damage. There eyes all teared up and bit their lips in defeat.

I laid back on the cold bed, memories of the raping flashing back. I pushed them back and tried my best to not shake as they put medicine on and wrapped my ribs. My breathing began to come easier once I was tightly wrapped. They gave me a few pain killers and asked me to come back another week for a check up.

Dumbledore handed me a hoodie, I slipped it on sure to cover my head and keep it down as I walked down the halls.

Luna and Blaise were gone on a Christmas break with each other's family's, she had texted me that in case I went back early. I slid my key into the door and fumbled with it a little before finally unlocking it and walking in. The comforting scent of apples and cinnamon feeling my nose. I turned around and locked the door again.

"Shit!" I screamed as I heard something the fall.

I dropped my bags and jumped back with my hand over my heart. I instantly stopped in my tracks when I saw Draco. I dropped my head as he began to speak. Luckily the lights were off he couldn't see much.

"Sorry, Blaise sent me to get some of his clothes and belongings he left. Luna told me where the spare key was in a message."

"It's okay. You just scared me." I said breathlessly as I looked at my feet.

"Yeah- well um I've got a few other things to get- Adelpha why aren't you looking?" He questioned as he stepped closer.

I didn't respond I just bit my lip as I felt my eyes turn glassy.

"Adelpha, answer me." His hands reached to cup my jaw.

He looked at me and let a small gasp out.

"Did your father do this." He asked.

I nodded my head. He quickly pulled me into a warm embrace. I couldn't react. I just laid limply in his arms. I winced in pain as my chest hit his.

"Shit sorry did I hurt-" He stopped as his hands felt the bandaging through my hoodie.

"Adelpha lift up your shirt please." He said shakily.

I looked up at him before slowly pulling the hoodie up, keeping my chest covered, but enough to show the bandages.

"What the hell!?" He shouted.

"How many?" He asked.

"How many what?"

"How many ribs did he fucking break."

"6 on my right, 2 on my left." I said numbly.

"God." He said as he breathed out shakily.

He shoved past me and reached for the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked quickly grabbing his wrist.

"I'm going to fucking kill him!" He yelled.

"Draco-"

"No! He has no fucking right. He broke half your ribs on one side! You could've been fucking dead. Look at your eye. It's purple and black. Look at your hands there bruised and bloody. I can only imagine what those bandages and sweat pants hide. I'm so fucking done with that bullshit-"