03 | promise?

My day had started slowly, with nurses changing my IV's, my family coming to visit, and doses of medications. Eventually I was prepped for surgery, put in a hospital gown instead of my sweat pants, and a haircap over my head.

My family was allowed to visit me before I went in the room, while I was sitting in an unused wheelchair in the hall.

"Dad, it'll be fine, it's a routine procedure." I said as Charlie gave me a hug.

"I know, I just worry." he says.

"It'll be okay." I tell him. Bella hugs me next.

"I'll see you soon." She says. "I love you."

"I love you guys too." I say.

Dr. Cullen comes down the hallway. "Ready?" he asks.

I nod, and a nurse wheels me into a room, and hooks me up to an IV. "Just wait about 10 minutes so this gets into your system." The nurse says, and walks out.

I wait. And wait some more. And then a particular blonde tip-toes into the room, looking beautiful even in her gloves, medical gown and hairnet.

"Hi." I say as she sits down next to me.

"Hello." She says. "I wanted to make sure you were comfortable and... I don't know, just wanted to see you before." She smiles.

I nod. "I get it. People always get teary about surgeries." I say. 

"I'll be here right when you wake up, but I think Carlisle might be looking for me, so I might have to hurry out." She tells me.

"Promise you'll be here when I'm awake?" I ask.

"I promise."

.

I wake up, delirious, so I don't remember much of that. After the drugs wear off, I get to eat pudding and watch trashy reality shows all day, so thats a plus.

I hear a knock on my door as I'm enjoying one of my delicious pudding cups. "Come in." I say.

Rosalie walks in, and sits beside my bed. "Hey." I say happily.

"Hi." She smiles. "How are you feeling?"

"Good, I guess." I say.

"Thats good." She smiles. "Music class has been boring without you, are you coming back tomorrow?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am. Just in time for the field trip." I say unhappily.

She giggles. "If it's really that bad, I'll hang out with you when we go."

"Thanks." I laugh. "But you might have to endure me making fun of Mr. Molina's bad jokes."

She rolls her eyes. "I think I can handle that."

.

"Bells, c'mon." I say as I walk past her, on my way to the buses.

She walks with me, "Mike just asked me to prom." 

"Ew, please tell me you didn't say yes." I tell her.

"I didn't. Are any boys asking you?" She asks me. My face heats up, Bella didn't know that I didn't... like guys. I figured it out around two years ago when I was 14, and I still hadn't told anyone.

"No." I say. "I don't think they really want to approach a girl, with you know, this." I point to my oxygen tank.

"Oh, be quiet, no one cares about that." She tells me.

"It's true." I say.

The greenhouse was beautiful, and smelled of rain and soil, although everything in Forks smelled like rain.

Rosalie stopped by a plant and I walked fastly so I could catch up to her.

"Hello Rosalie." I said.

"Hi." She said in her melodic voice. "Are you feeling well since your surgery?" She asked.

"Yeah, I've been feeling fine." I say. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

She pauses for a second, and looks a bit worried. "Yes." She finally states.

"Why is my sister so... I don't know, annoyed and infatuated by your brother?" I ask.

"Oh, that." She rolls her eyes. "He's just stupid. He gets on my nerves."

I laugh, "Yeah, I understand. When Bella and I were little we would annoy the living shit out of each other."

"It was even worse for me and Edward, we were the oldest ones for the longest time." Rosalie says.

I laughed, but then thought about it. Weren't her and Jasper twins? And Emmett and Emily we're older than both of them, they were seniors. I decided not to push it as we walked out of the greenhouse. Rosalie walked up to Alice and Jasper with me beside her. "Hi!" Alice chirped, Jasper was beside her, holding her hand. "I'm Alice."

"Hi." I said quietly.

"It's really nice to meet you, Andie." She smiled widely.

"You too." I said.

We all walked over to our buses, and saw Bella and Edward having a heated a conversation. "Hi." Alice said, seemingly oblivious. "Are you riding with us?" She asked me and Bella.

"No, our bus is full." Edward said.

I rolled my eyes. "Bye, Rosalie." I said, and did a half wave.

She smiled at me, and shot a glare at Edward as soon as the bus door closed. "What a dick!" I said once the bus door closed. 

Bella shook her head. "I just wish he would tell me... never mind."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said. I was unconvinced.

.

A/N

hiii

this was very fun to write, I love writing rosalie scenes!! anyway, bye!

- lola <3