C H A P T E R 38

They both turned there heads quicky to the voice, seeing Toby stand there with a shit-eating grin On his face.

"Oh I'm sorry, I must've cuh-came at a bad time. My apologies-"

"It's nothing like that you idiot!" Y/n said, her voice going two octaves higher. She clutched onto Brian, who had yet to say anything, and buried her face deep into his neck.

"Totally believable... Anyways, Muh-Masky is coming over like right now so know that." The girl climbed away from Brian, a wave of cool air filling the growing gap between them.

"Toby dragged me along so I'm only here because you all have shit taste in clothes." Masky immeadietly said as he came in through the window. He took one look at Brian and quirked a brow.

"Are you wearing makeup?"

"Yup."

"It looks terrible."

"Oh fuck you!" Y/n flipped the brunette off, and he did the same.

"Right back at you bitch." Brian gave an airy laugh at their banter, going into the bathroom to wash his face off. As much as he did love the makeup, it felt like too much in his face and would make him feel as if the attention was constantly on him. Not something too amazing for someone with a mask on his face all the time.

"So when are you two going to start dating or whatever." Y/n immeadietly snapped her head to his direction, her eyes slightly wide.

"Can you keep it quiet?! Geez he might hear you!" Masky smiled evily. He didn't seem to like Y/n so much.

"Oh, should I keep quiet about how YOU SO-" Y/n chucked a plastic cup she had laying on her bedside table, letting it hit Masky's forehead.

He didn't seem irritated by it though. He liked seeing her irritated, it gave him a sense of pride.

"Where did Toby go?" The girl inquired, seeing the door slightly open. Of course he left the room.

"I'll go find him." Masky sighed and left the room. Y/n adjusted her hair to look better. That's when Brian came out of the bathroom, looking at the girl.

"Where'd the other two go?"

"Masky went looking for Toby, who I don't know where he is at all." Hoodie hummed and walked behind Y/n, staring at her through the mirror. He rested his chin on top of hers, taking in the scent of her shampoo.

"Hey Y/n?" Hoodie hummed out, causing Y/n to stare right back at him through the mirror.

"Yeah?" She answered, expecting him to ask some witty question to get her flustered.

"The past few days... you've been trying to ask me something. What was it?" Y/n blinked her eyes harshly,the soft expression she once held gone.

"I told you, to uh, to go to the mall!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands together. She moved away from the tall man, avoiding any eye contact.

"Really?" He crossed his arms as he watched Y/n take out a small backpack from her closet.

"Of course! Why would I lie to you about something like that?" Her voice cracked a bit as sweat dripped down her back.

"Right..."

~
The four got to the mall eventually, Y/n staying silent for most of the ride. Toby blasted music the whole time, which was convenient.

"Like I said buh-before Y/n, I think you shuh-should use my lyrics for your next song." The girl only rolled her eyes, exiting the car.

A few parking slots back was a woman with a bunch of children surrounding them. Poor woman.